Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Safflower seeds are on the adgenda for tomorrow
Lens: Bigma Camera: K5 Photo Location: Saugus Ma. 
Posted By: charliezap, 01-16-2013, 03:56 PM

I'm going to Home Depot tomorrow and buy safflower seeds.Probably $10 for 5 lbs.I usually buy "Greatest Variety" as you can see in the feeder.I don't know what seed the Titmouse has here but I'm going to experiment.Most cheap seeds have a lot of millet and other fillers.I bought the cheap stuff but I mixed it with the real good stuff to keep everybody happy.--charliezap
Name:  019-6.jpg
Views: 410
Size:  142.3 KB

Views: 881
01-16-2013, 09:29 PM   #2
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Charlie, I buy a 50# bag of black oil sunflower seed every two weeks. Almost all the birds love it more than anything else, and in particular the Titmice. I put out the regular stuff too, the mix, but that is mostly eaten by the little sparrows.
That's a nice shot BTW, it is hard to get a shot of their eyes, and they are always moving, which makes it even harder.

I'm feeding the Goldfinches now that it has gotten colder, and all they will eat is the niger seed....thistle. And...they eat a lot of it. It's about 10-12$$ a small bag here, but they are worth it!

Regards!
01-17-2013, 07:55 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Charlie, I buy a 50# bag of black oil sunflower seed every two weeks. Almost all the birds love it more than anything else, and in particular the Titmice. I put out the regular stuff too, the mix, but that is mostly eaten by the little sparrows.
That's a nice shot BTW, it is hard to get a shot of their eyes, and they are always moving, which makes it even harder.

I'm feeding the Goldfinches now that it has gotten colder, and all they will eat is the niger seed....thistle. And...they eat a lot of it. It's about 10-12$$ a small bag here, but they are worth it!

Regards!
Thanks Rupert.It's off to Home Depot to pick up some food for my little friends.--charliezap