Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Sunset with geese, first post....
Lens: Tamron 18-200 Camera: K5 Photo Location: Arvada, CO 
Posted By: dwalker19, 01-17-2013, 09:38 AM

This is my first photo post, any feedback on the image would be appreciated. I would have liked it be a little brighter, but I like the silhouetted geese against that red sky. I am not big on PP, just don't have the computer or the skills/interst for it. Thanks, be gentle...

Attached Images

Views: 833
01-17-2013, 10:00 AM   #2

Well done with the red in the photo. Think in my opinion it's bright enough. But I'm a person who barely brighten up photo's as problems due to getting too ugly. Sometimes photo's are great the way they are. You can try to brighten it up a bit, but don't do too much. Love the birds in the photo as well.
01-17-2013, 12:00 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I think this is a fantastic image! Color is excellent and exposure is spot on. I only have one suggestion, I might try to crop a little tighter so as to make the birds more prominent in the image. So, maybe 1/4 off the top, 1/8 off the sides, but none or very little off the bottom. I'm not sure this would be an improvement but I'd want to try it. I also think that the sky above the horizon but below the red is beautiful, and the crop would accentuate that.
01-17-2013, 05:10 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thanks you two for the comments. I will try to re-crop to see what it looks like. I appreciate the feedback. I just joined and I am looking forward to improving my photography with critique and feedback.
thanks
DW19

01-17-2013, 06:16 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to PF and this is a great introduction. Maybe like Jerry said a slight crop off the top, but leave the soft clouds. I am trying to get away from complex editing programs and setting up the in-camera modes and filters so that all I need to do is make a quick edit and post. The K-5 has lots of options for editing tools and I set up each selection such as "landscape, portrait, etc." with different settings. Keep them coming, great job. Bob
01-18-2013, 05:55 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Nice opening shot ! I like the silhouetted mountains. Not sure I would change a thing.