Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Hockey is Back!
Camera: Canon S3 IS Photo Location: Staples Center 
Posted By: GeoJerry, 01-20-2013, 12:02 AM

Hockey is back! I took a few shots of the LA Kings home opener, including the raising of the Stanley Cup banner. The Kings got trounced by Chicago in this game, but the opening ceremony was great fun. This one for all you Canadians out there...

The picture were all shot with my Canon point 'n' shoot, as the Kings won't allow DSLR cameras into the arena, so image quality is not great.

Justin Williams showing off the Cup.

Unfurling the banner.

Up it goes.

All the way up.

And this bonus shot... I had a number of misfires which I composited into this abstract image.

Hopefully the KIngs will pick up the pace - they looked anemic today. My son told me afterwards though that the defending Stanley Cup champs had only won their opener once in the past 17 years, so I feel better.
Views: 819
01-20-2013, 04:34 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Panthers raised the division champs' banner last night and then thumped Carolina. Go Cats!
01-20-2013, 04:42 AM   #3
Den
Veteran Member

But it's a short season, every game is crucial. As with most L.A. teams, there's lots of "choking". Go Clippers!!!
01-20-2013, 04:48 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Yah, one of our local sports pundits commented that the short season is good, the meaningless games are out of the way, now it's a real run for the playoffs. We'll see.

01-20-2013, 05:06 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Most short seasons see some real wild cards in contention. Yay it's back, but I am kinda thankful I am on the other side of the planet cause still upset and don't want to contribute any $$$'s to the NHL after this unnecessary lockout.
01-20-2013, 05:52 AM - 1 Like   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Nice ! Everyone had some opening ceremonies .. while I totally disagree with both sides of the "Billionaire vs Millionaire" battle , I did indeed spend last night watching about 6 hours of hockey - glad it's back , wish an arbitrator had declared both sides will make day care workers salary for a year... The Oilers start today !
01-20-2013, 06:16 PM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by daacon Quote
Nice ! Everyone had some opening ceremonies .. while I totally disagree with both sides of the "Billionaire vs Millionaire" battle , I did indeed spend last night watching about 6 hours of hockey - glad it's back , wish an arbitrator had declared both sides will make day care workers salary for a year... The Oilers start today !
+1 to that!

01-20-2013, 08:16 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I was beginning to think there wouldn't be a season after about the 3rd or 4th push back. Definitely glad to see it back, as it's the only sport I watch. A great start with the Bruins giving hell to the Rangers. Should be a very interesting season. Go Bruins!