Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
Deer Lodge Auto Museum
Photo Location: Montana 
Posted By: Bob Harris, 01-24-2013, 09:26 PM

Great auto museum for a very small town of 3500 residents. A few Corvettes that are featured, no I didn't win it.

Attached Images

Views: 2,181
01-25-2013, 06:33 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Sweet collection, for sure. I love those early, chrome-bumpered C-3s.

Jer
01-25-2013, 02:29 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
Sweet collection, for sure. I love those early, chrome-bumpered C-3s.

Jer
The C 3s were built from 1968 to 1982, 1972 was the last year of front and rear chrome bumpers, the rear chrome disappeared in 1974.
01-25-2013, 05:55 PM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Bob Harris Quote
The C 3s were built from 1968 to 1982, 1972 was the last year of front and rear chrome bumpers, the rear chrome disappeared in 1974.
Nice shots of the vettes. I especially like the last shot and the line up of vettes in the third.

Looks like a nice museum. What is the history of the car in the second photo?

01-25-2013, 07:46 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by bucfan1234 Quote
Nice shots of the vettes. I especially like the last shot and the line up of vettes in the third.

Looks like a nice museum. What is the history of the car in the second photo?
Here is some info:
Attached Images

01-25-2013, 07:50 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Here is some info:
Now that is something, brother Bob. But you know . . . . . . . . . I like 'em fine just as they come off the assembly line.

Jer
01-26-2013, 12:16 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
Now that is something, brother Bob. But you know . . . . . . . . . I like 'em fine just as they come off the assembly line.

Jer
I'm with you Jer, stock is best, no front license plate of course.

01-28-2013, 09:47 AM   #8
Pentaxian

Nice Vettes.
01-28-2013, 11:55 AM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by lesmore49 Quote
Nice Vettes.
I think the 3 speed might of been a misprint. I do remember the option of a close ratio 4 speed but nothing about the outdated 3 speeds.
01-28-2013, 12:07 PM   #10
Pentaxian

I think the 3 speed might of been a misprint. I do remember the option of a close ratio 4 speed but nothing about the outdated 3 speeds.
I believe you could order a 3 speed std. (floor shift) with the Corvette of this era, possibly even with a 327 with 365 hp. Very rare though. I recall in the late '60's getting a ride with an acquaintance who had a Canadian market '67 Pontiac Parisienne two door hardtop. I noticed the engine badging on the front fender of this Canuck Poncho read 427.

I talked to him about it and he had ordered it from the factory...427 335 hp, Rat motor with a 3 on the tree manual. It moved out rather well...but what an unusual combo.

Back then Pontiacs made and sold in Canada were on Chevy frames (no wide track) and came with Chevy powertrains. You could get anything from the inline Chevy six...to the Chevy small block and big block V8's.

To get a Pontiac with the 389, 421, 428 or 455 Pontiac engine....it would have to be a special order I suppose...although back then I saw very few American Pontiacs as we used to call the Catalina, Star Chief, Venturas and Bonnevilles of the day.

Canadian Pontiacs were Laurentions, Strato Chiefs, Parisiennes....wagons were Safaris.
01-28-2013, 12:24 PM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
I believe you could order a 3 speed std. (floor shift) with the Corvette of this era, possibly even with a 327 with 365 hp. Very rare though. I recall in the late '60's getting a ride with an acquaintance who had a Canadian market '67 Pontiac Parisienne two door hardtop. I noticed the engine badging on the front fender of this Canuck Poncho read 427.

I talked to him about it and he had ordered it from the factory...427 335 hp, Rat motor with a 3 on the tree manual. It moved out rather well...but what an unusual combo.

Back then Pontiacs made and sold in Canada were on Chevy frames (no wide track) and came with Chevy powertrains. You could get anything from the inline Chevy six...to the Chevy small block and big block V8's.

To get a Pontiac with the 389, 421, 428 or 455 Pontiac engine....it would have to be a special order I suppose...although back then I saw very few American Pontiacs as we used to call the Catalina, Star Chief, Venturas and Bonnevilles of the day.

Canadian Pontiacs were Laurentions, Strato Chiefs, Parisiennes....wagons were Safaris.
Times have changed for sure, now if you look at a new car the main selling points seem to be you can connect this computer device, On Star, Blue Tooth, extra ports for connecting this and that toy, on screen God knows what and a car that parks itself. Times have changed.
01-28-2013, 01:29 PM   #12
Veteran Member

Beautiful shots, Bob! I always had a fondness for Corvettes. My Dad had one when I was a kid and I used to fantasize about him turning it over to me when I was old enough to drive. I'm still waiting!
01-28-2013, 01:39 PM   #13
Pentaxian

Times have changed for sure, now if you look at a new car the main selling points seem to be you can connect this computer device, On Star, Blue Tooth, extra ports for connecting this and that toy, on screen God knows what and a car that parks itself. Times have changed.

They have and I wonder if for the better.
01-28-2013, 02:24 PM - 1 Like   #14
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by loco Quote
Beautiful shots, Bob! I always had a fondness for Corvettes. My Dad had one when I was a kid and I used to fantasize about him turning it over to me when I was old enough to drive. I'm still waiting!
Lori, maybe you're just not old enough yet.
01-28-2013, 02:25 PM   #15
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
They have and I wonder if for the better.
I'm with you on that.