Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
What do you see.
Posted By: Photo Tramp, 02-23-2008, 04:15 AM

Looking at this shot tell me what you see. Lets see if you can tell me about the mood.

Views: 2,123
02-23-2008, 05:17 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
sadness, concern.
02-23-2008, 06:30 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Obviously troubled by the moral decay of modern society, or somebody kicked a dog
02-23-2008, 06:33 AM   #4

Worry and concern.

02-23-2008, 07:08 AM   #5
Bud
Veteran Member

I'm gonna' go a different route. I've seen a similar expression... slightly pained... but trying really hard not to laugh. One of those moments where you're conflicted about a tale that's being told... the situation sounds bad, but it's impossible not to see the humor in it.
02-23-2008, 07:21 AM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Bud Quote
I'm gonna' go a different route. I've seen a similar expression... slightly pained... but trying really hard not to laugh. One of those moments where you're conflicted about a tale that's being told... the situation sounds bad, but it's impossible not to see the humor in it.
Agreed. You see that conflicted kind of look on mothers faces when there watching their children throwing caution to the wind. Its like one of those times you see someone slip or trip over while walking staunch (intuitively aware that nothing serious has happened of course)
02-23-2008, 07:23 AM   #7
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

concern for someone else. Watching something painful/disturbing happen or a difficult story being told. Btw somewhat curious conversion. Not sepia or B&W. Not sure I like the tone/colour.

02-23-2008, 10:41 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Wishing the photographer will take the the picture because she is getting tired of staring into the sun and he is getting on her last nerve...
02-23-2008, 11:04 AM   #9
Veteran Member

genuine disappointment
02-23-2008, 11:06 AM   #10

The hopeless disappointment of a woman who thinks she has wasted away her life and achieved nothing.

Call me a cynic
02-23-2008, 11:16 AM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Nice shot David, I'd say worry, but I can't be more specific than that.

NaCl(the other team just scored a goal and has gone ahead)H2O
02-23-2008, 11:20 AM   #12
Veteran Member

i'm gonna go a totally different route on this.

'What's that smell?!'
02-23-2008, 11:22 AM   #13

Inquisitivness / curiosity
02-23-2008, 11:42 AM   #14
Inactive Account

She is looking in a mirror (that we obviously can not see) and is horribly distraught over the fact she has three rather large and curly gray hairs sprouting from her furrowed brow. She firmly believes the old-wives tales her grandmother has taught her that if you pull one out, three more will grow in it's place. Decisively, she yanks on the first one. It was surprisingly deep rooted and caused the tiniest bolt of pain to shoot through her head. One tiny tear welled up in the corner of her left eye and she halted for a moment, contemplating the remainder of her dire intentions. Is it all worth it? Should I just carry on by ignoring them and age gracefully? Lost in thought, her friend sitting beside her decided at that exact moment to snap a picture with his trusty Pentax digital camera. As she turned towards him she ponders if killing him would really feel as good as she imagines it would.
02-23-2008, 12:07 PM   #15
Veteran Member

Great shot! I think her gaze is fixed (support by the set lips and furrowed brow). I think she is witnessing an event and her mood is one of concern.

I just love the shot and post editing. The texture of her skin, the detail in her hair, all very good. Well done. (I can see why you have had so many gallery entries)