Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
Contemplating the light.
Lens: DA 18-55mm L kit lens Camera: Pentax K-30 Photo Location: Apartment ISO: 800 Shutter Speed: 1s Aperture: F5.6 
Posted By: BigJPR, 02-05-2013, 12:33 AM

Another candle light photo from the same set as the picture posted before.

(question... should I have put this on the same thread as the other photo on the set?)

Views: 638
02-05-2013, 06:58 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Much better - your subject is framed nicely!
Now, not sure if you were going for the dreamy look (nothing wrong with it), but in low light conditions like this, if you want your subject to be sharper/more clear, I would strongly suggest the use of a tripod.
And since I guess she is resting her elbow on the table, for a close up picture like this, a table-top tripod will do the job very nicely .

Well done!
02-05-2013, 10:42 AM   #3

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Well you see, this was on a tripod, but the dreamy feel is, that this was impromptu, and if i left all the blemishes that come from being a teenager and my daughter saw this online... no more me!!! Still it was a little bit sharper than this.

She is very self conscious, because years back she kinda had an accident involving doughnut holes, burning oil and splattering oil around her hands and some spots on the face. Now a days they are not as noticeable, but she still SEES them!!! It was a miracle she let me get in so close just before going to sleep. Thanks again, and will keep it in mind, will take the original RAW and not process it as much and show her for her approval, if so, will post it on this thread, for you to see.
02-05-2013, 10:50 AM - 1 Like   #4
Veteran Member

She has nothing to worry about - she looks good and she can be a great model for her daddy so he can improve .

As for corrections, plenty of free on-line tutorials on how to do this in Photoshop . Practice will make it perfect.
Good job and keep at it!