Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Big orange world - Calendula
Lens: panagor 90mm macro & reversed takumar 50mm f1.4 Camera: k10d Photo Location: netherlands ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: 1/180s Aperture: F16 
Posted By: margriet, 02-06-2013, 09:09 AM

Smallest creature I could find in my garden, with stealthy colors as it is translucent yellow on orange Calendula.

Views: 455
02-06-2013, 09:32 AM   #2
Veteran Member

A very vibrant and warm image there, unlike the weather in the UK now. I feel the two points of interest. the stamen and the insect are just a bit too close to the edge of the frame for my tastes. Still a very nice image though.
02-06-2013, 11:11 AM   #3

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by snappychappy Quote
A very vibrant and warm image there, unlike the weather in the UK now. I feel the two points of interest. the stamen and the insect are just a bit too close to the edge of the frame for my tastes. Still a very nice image though.
Ah!, completely forget to mention it's an older picture from last summer... on this side of the canal (Netherlands) it's the complete opposite at this moment, perfect time for some archiving the warmer pictures! Thanks for your tips on the framing, I wasn't quite sure if I wanted the stamen to be in the picture but decided this gives some sense of scale. I will look at the version without and see which sticks

regards, margriet