Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
Wanna See My Foot?
Camera: FUJI x10 Photo Location: tEXAS ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: 1/125s Aperture: F5.6 
Posted By: Rupert, 02-07-2013, 09:34 PM

She's a little cutie! I did a set of her today with the K5, but liked this one I shot with the X10 Toy Camera just for fun!

Maci
[IMG] [/IMG]

Regards!
Views: 900
02-08-2013, 09:47 AM - 1 Like   #2
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
OK...so you are not "feet people? Maybe you are not X10 admirers?

For you "diaper guys" here is a K5 shot just for you!
[IMG] [/IMG]

Just thinking...I am 68 and have never changed a diaper in my life, and never intend to! How about you guys? I hear the world has changed, and I see those diaper changing stations in the Men's Rooms, but I'll be honest, I've never seen them used...so I'm wondering if it has really changed all that much? Call me a sexist pig.......won't hurt my feelings, I still won't change a diaper!
Regards!
02-08-2013, 11:59 AM - 2 Likes   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yes Rupert, she is quite cute and looks to be a great model. You never changed a babies diaper, someday you may be wearing one, who will change that. I'm just saying my friend..........
02-08-2013, 02:05 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Bob, she is a cutie...and I do love to shoot kids! Not much on babies, but kids are the best!
You are right, I won't say it couldn't happen, but we never know, do we? I'm certain my objection to changing diapers is a character flaw....and one I will likely hang on to!

Regards!

Little Princess!
[IMG] [/IMG]

02-08-2013, 06:53 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

OK I have to admit when I saw the thread title and the OP I had to look and wonder what awaited. It turn ot to be some wonderful photo's. It would be hard to pick between the first one and the last.
I am 56 and have to confess to changing a few diapers in the past. I was usually thew last resort tho. The wife hated picking up our children and having the diapers fall off

Last edited by patrick9; 02-08-2013 at 06:54 PM. Reason: spelling
02-09-2013, 06:20 AM   #6
Den
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Bob Harris Quote
Yes Rupert, she is quite cute and looks to be a great model. You never changed a babies diaper, someday you may be wearing one, who will change that. I'm just saying my friend..........

Cute kid, cute images.
02-09-2013, 06:32 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
haha what Bob said ! I have changed my fair share not something I miss or remember fondly haha. Nice shots/

02-09-2013, 06:55 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Wonderful photos that will be cherished for a life-time! Great work Rupert
02-09-2013, 07:03 AM   #9
Pentaxian

Cute photos and I have changed more than my fair share of diapers ... c'est la vie - J
02-09-2013, 07:19 AM   #10

Nice images Rupert. I confess that I feel so sorry for you because you have limited your opportunities to enjoy spending time with little ones. A day playing and learning is just so much fun - but the diapers will need changing at some point. It isn't rocket science but it is an important part of family relationships.
02-09-2013, 09:47 AM   #11
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks guys/girls! I do love the little children, they are so special! It is what I enjoy most at my little downtown studio.

I was at the grocery store on Wed evening when I came across this little tot scurrying around, and I located her mom and struck up a conversation. Having a big mouth, I never meet a stranger, so it was easy to ask her to bring her little angel down for some poses. Thursday afternoon, she did! Her mom couldn't afford the other three studios in town, but I assured her she could afford mine....I shot these all for free. It would be crime not to capture the memories for years to come, and heck, I don't make any real money anyhow....Mrs Rupert pays all my bills!

So glad I didn't miss the opportunity!

Maci-Age 2 K5-43Ltd
[IMG] [/IMG]

Best Regards!
02-09-2013, 08:26 PM   #12
Veteran Member

She is an absolute darling, Rupert. Well done. I'll tell you, I have changed many a diaper in my time, and I'll be changing more in March as my granddaughter is due 21 March. When I was in college (the 2nd time ), I worked in a service station, when it was truly a "service" station. One of my co-workers was the father of a new born boy, and he absolutely refused to change a diaper, especially if it was crap. He would leave his son in the diaper until his wife came home or someone else changed the diaper. I laughed at him and told him that we had our hands in grease, oil, gasoline, and the stuff from the diaper was much easier to wash off than the other stuff, but he still wouldn't change it.
02-09-2013, 09:49 PM   #13
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks Cardinal, she is indeed a cutie!
No amount of persuasion could get me to change a diaper, which is sort of idiotic, since as a plumber (retired) I've worked knee deep in do-do hundreds of times. Somehow, it just isn't the same? Once many years ago Mrs Rupert left the youngest son with me one afternoon, and he filled his diaper to the extent that I was suffocating. It was a nice day, so I took him outside and ran a hose in there until it was all clear. As I recall, she never left them with me again.

I like to play with DXO Film Pak3 for a little fun after processing the original files......
[IMG] [/IMG]

Regards!
02-10-2013, 06:20 AM   #14
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Every one of these shots is a gem, Rupert. Well done . . . . . . . . 11 out of 10 on the cuteness scale.

Jer