Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
New lens - same pictures
Lens: Sigma 70 macro 2.8 Camera: K-5 Photo Location: Whitney, Ontario, Canada ISO: 800 
Posted By: normhead, 02-13-2013, 11:05 AM

I got a new lens and took it on a walk... I post in the Aquisitions thread, but who reads that?

If you get a macro lens, you have to try out the macro... no?

And of course you have to have dog pictures.

And of course the pre-requisite group shot...

Views: 1,125
02-13-2013, 11:09 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
looking good Norm! (and cold!)
02-13-2013, 11:11 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Thanks for commenting

It's quite mild up here right now.... we talk about it being cold when it's minus 30, now that's cold...-3, pfffft
02-13-2013, 11:13 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Image looks sharp. I like the snow on the pine needles.

02-13-2013, 11:14 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jnguyen Quote
Image looks sharp. I like the snow on the pine needles.
I can hardly wait to get it on a tripod and find out how sharp it can be. These are all hand held.
02-13-2013, 11:19 AM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
I can hardly wait to get it on a tripod and find out how sharp it can be. These are all hand held.
Wow! It should even be sharper then.
02-13-2013, 11:22 AM   #7
Den
Veteran Member

Looks like a winner of a lens. In the last image it looks like your oldest dog (don't remember the name)is thinking, I've had enough of this cold white stuff, I going back home!

02-13-2013, 11:25 AM   #8
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Den Quote
Looks like a winner of a lens. In the last image it looks like your oldest dog (don't remember the name)is thinking, I've had enough of this cold white stuff, I going back home!
He was right under Tess' feet so i called him to break up the group a bit, he's probably thinking "What the heck could he possibly want with me right now? No doggy biscuits? No treats? Oh well, I guess I'll go see him just to humour him."
02-13-2013, 11:38 AM   #9
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

More fine shots Norm, I think you're going to make it!

Regards!
02-13-2013, 11:42 AM   #10
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Thanks Rupert... I think I'll probably die with the reputation as the guy who got more moderately acceptable shots out of his daily dog walk than any other. Before ya'll jump in and say Tess gets more and better, I'd just like to point out, Tess isn't a guy. I always take care to define the parameters so I come out on top.
02-13-2013, 11:55 AM   #11

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
Thanks Rupert... I think I'll probably die with the reputation as the guy who got more moderately acceptable shots out of his daily dog walk than any other. Before ya'll jump in and say Tess gets more and better, I'd just like to point out, Tess isn't a guy. I always take care to define the parameters so I come out on top.
Well said!

Nice pictures! I really enjoyed all of them but the pine macro is especially striking.
02-13-2013, 12:07 PM   #12
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Hmmmm. the pine macro? There are some shots we've taken so often, and that's one of them. We could fill a gallery of pine and fir needle images. But thinks for commenting on it. We always owner... what can you do with this type of shot? Besides post them on Pentax forum?

I actually like the one of Kenzie crouching behind the snow bank. Now there's an image we haven't taken anything like before.
02-13-2013, 12:47 PM   #13

No doubt your dogs are always fun to see pictures of whether it is you or Tess taking the pictures.

You both happen to take pictures of things I especially love....dog, birds, and nature so I'm never bored with the shots however often they are taken. What I really enjoy about the shot of the pine needles is that it makes me think of how winter can be quietly beautiful. Being a former desert girl who has lived in Michigan for almost 7 years, I often yearn for warmer climates in the winter. However when I see the quiet beauty of snow...falling outside or melting off leaves or in this case sitting on pine needles, it just leaves me in a state of wonder. I think many of Tess's and your photos beautifully portray winter however cold it is outside and remind me why I can love winter.
02-13-2013, 01:20 PM   #14
Veteran Member

Beautiful shots, Norm! I, too, really like the snow on the pine needles. So much detail and just a wonderful nature photo!
02-13-2013, 01:38 PM   #15
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by civano Quote
No doubt your dogs are always fun to see pictures of whether it is you or Tess taking the pictures.

You both happen to take pictures of things I especially love....dog, birds, and nature so I'm never bored with the shots however often they are taken. What I really enjoy about the shot of the pine needles is that it makes me think of how winter can be quietly beautiful. Being a former desert girl who has lived in Michigan for almost 7 years, I often yearn for warmer climates in the winter. However when I see the quiet beauty of snow...falling outside or melting off leaves or in this case sitting on pine needles, it just leaves me in a state of wonder. I think many of Tess's and your photos beautifully portray winter however cold it is outside and remind me why I can love winter.
That's why we live here. But this is way better than Michigan (unless you're up on the peninsula.)

QuoteOriginally posted by loco Quote
Beautiful shots, Norm! I, too, really like the snow on the pine needles. So much detail and just a wonderful nature photo!
Thanks loco... I have to admit... it was "the pine branch" that stood out on the walk among the thousands we must have seen... personally for me the walk was more about the curly maple leaves, those things are a challenge.