Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
We're Back!!!!!
Lens: DA 300 Camera: K-5 Photo Location: Southeast USA 
Posted By: slowpez, 02-19-2013, 07:36 AM

Hello everyone. We left in the middle of December for our first trip to Key West, Florida. It was a surprisingly isolated trip. Almost no WiFi and no TV. It was FANTASTIC. Anyhow, took lots of photos with my main emphasis being on birds (I can't help it - they are so beautiful).
The first two are from an overnight stop in southern Georgia and the next three were taken at Fort Clinch state park near Jacksonville.

Last edited by slowpez; 02-28-2013 at 02:20 PM.
Views: 540
02-19-2013, 07:59 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Two months without internet would do me good, I'm sure. Welcome back, very nice set.
02-19-2013, 08:37 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I don't know if I could handle that kind of isolation. I'm actually ashamed to admit that! But it does sound like a restful vacation and you got some fantastic shots! I particularly love the spider shot and the pelican in flight! Looking forward to seeing more!
02-19-2013, 11:18 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by baro-nite Quote
Two months without internet would do me good, I'm sure. Welcome back, very nice set.
QuoteOriginally posted by loco Quote
I don't know if I could handle that kind of isolation. I'm actually ashamed to admit that! But it does sound like a restful vacation and you got some fantastic shots! I particularly love the spider shot and the pelican in flight! Looking forward to seeing more!
Thanks for having a look. I have to admit, it is nice to have internet again and I missed Downton Abbey (thank heavens for DVR).

02-19-2013, 12:54 PM   #5
Veteran Member

The b/w really is a nice one Susan, has an old time feel to it and the pelican is a great catch. Never gone down to the Keys, looking forward to some photos.
02-19-2013, 01:10 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It is next to impossible to get unconnected. I'm quite jealous. I love the depth of the pier image and the 3 bird shots are great. Welcome back!
02-19-2013, 01:34 PM   #7
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Bob Harris Quote
The b/w really is a nice one Susan, has an old time feel to it and the pelican is a great catch. Never gone down to the Keys, looking forward to some photos.
Thanks Bob. Time you left the west and headed to the southeast. Trade you places any day. I really went overboard on pelicans this trip so there will be many more to come, both the brown and white varieties.

QuoteOriginally posted by Dice Quote
It is next to impossible to get unconnected. I'm quite jealous. I love the depth of the pier image and the 3 bird shots are great. Welcome back!
Thanks Dice. The weather was so gray on the day of the pier shot I thought the B&W treatment would minimize the grayness. Appreciate your comments.
02-19-2013, 06:52 PM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Great shots, Susan. Welcome back!

02-20-2013, 06:13 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Welcome back Susan! You have been missed. These are super shots. I can't wait to see more
02-20-2013, 06:43 AM   #10
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by OrchidJulie Quote
Great shots, Susan. Welcome back!
QuoteOriginally posted by tessfully Quote
Welcome back Susan! You have been missed. These are super shots. I can't wait to see more
Thanks to you both. It is great to be home again.