Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Brand new!
Lens: 18-55mm Camera: k-30 Photo Location: home 
Posted By: disneybride, 02-19-2013, 01:24 PM

New to photography.....also a new baby lol

I cant wait to get better!!

Am I at least on the right path??? hope so!!!

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-30  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-30  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-30  Photo 

Views: 815
02-19-2013, 07:59 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Certainly up-close and personal.
Beautiful baby - watch your exposure, the first is a bit hot, at least for my tastes.
These are very nice, though. Good job.
Thanks for sharing, and congratulations.
"You spend the first two years encouraging them to walk and talk, and the next 18 years telling them to sit down and shut up."
02-20-2013, 06:51 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Your camera skills will improve as you go along but as to the baby; no improvement needed there. He/she is beautiful. These shots will always bring you wonderful memories.
02-20-2013, 09:14 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Oh my goodness. That's all I have to say. Well that, and well done.

02-20-2013, 09:21 AM   #5
MSL
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I like the first pose the best. The third is okay, the middle one does little for me. You don't need to fill the frame with your child - better to have some negative space and then crop a little later on.

You need to think more about your choice of ISO/shutter speed and aperture. On the first photo you don't need F14 at 1/3200 - that's why you ended up shooting at an ISO of 6400. A better choice would be something around F5.6 or F8 at most (given the lens you are using) and 1/200 as the fastest speed you would need. That would bring the ISO right down. The other two images have similar problems, but not as severe. I shoot with a K-5 and will drop down to 1/50 or so when shooting my kids if they aren't moving around too much. I probably should shoot at a faster speed, but my brain is hardwired to keeping the ISO at 100 (which it doesn't have to be at for family snaps).
02-20-2013, 11:16 AM   #6
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MSL Quote
I like the first pose the best. The third is okay, the middle one does little for me. You don't need to fill the frame with your child - better to have some negative space and then crop a little later on.

You need to think more about your choice of ISO/shutter speed and aperture. On the first photo you don't need F14 at 1/3200 - that's why you ended up shooting at an ISO of 6400. A better choice would be something around F5.6 or F8 at most (given the lens you are using) and 1/200 as the fastest speed you would need. That would bring the ISO right down. The other two images have similar problems, but not as severe. I shoot with a K-5 and will drop down to 1/50 or so when shooting my kids if they aren't moving around too much. I probably should shoot at a faster speed, but my brain is hardwired to keeping the ISO at 100 (which it doesn't have to be at for family snaps).

Thank you SO much!!!

I've been trying to figure that out haha!!!