Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

Not there yet
Posted By: slowpez, 02-20-2013, 07:17 AM

Our last stop before arriving in Key West was at Merritt Island NWR. It is located near Cape Kennedy Space Center and has a wonderful collection of birds and other critters. Worth a trip for anyone who wants to view wildlife. These were taken on our first day there.

Last edited by slowpez; 02-28-2013 at 02:20 PM.
Views: 1,205
02-22-2013, 08:22 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by stormtech Quote
All beautiful shots! Great to learn how the Egret does his dance - must have been mesmerizing to watch.

But....I'll have to say that the Kingfisher shot is my favorite as I have this obsession with capturing ours this year - nice clean shot!
I really got lucky with the kingfisher shot. We were driving out of the park and he landed just off to the side of the road. Yelled at my husband to stop and leave the engine running. Rolled down the window and got off two shots before he took off. They must be the most skittish birds in the bird kingdom.

QuoteOriginally posted by Jimbo Quote
Sounds like the reddish egret can be interesting to watch. Love photographing birds and I have been taken photo's of any of these. Thank you for sharing Susan. JIM
Thanks for having a look Jim and taking the time to comment.

02-23-2013, 09:43 AM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

the first one is quite unusual Susan. Good capture of an interesting scene! I like the series very much. Have fun on your trip!
02-23-2013, 10:09 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by volley Quote
the first one is quite unusual Susan. Good capture of an interesting scene! I like the series very much. Have fun on your trip!
Thanks Norbert. We are back home now and trying to sort through all the photos.