Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Sierra McKenzie - Pt. 3 - *Film Only*
Photo Location: Seattle, WA 
Posted By: alan_smithee_photos, 02-20-2013, 09:22 AM

A pretty girl, some nice glass, a couple rolls of Portra 800, an LX, an MX - there are worse ways to spend an afternoon. (Posted a couple of these over in the film discussion.)

I love my K-5 IIs but damn, I really love the look of this film (all shots Kodak Portra 800). All were shot with either my Voigtlander Color Skopar 20mm, Nokton 58mm, or Zeiss 25mm. Most of the time it's obvious which I was using (or I could remember) but I'm guessing in a couple cases.

Pentax LX, Voigtlander Nokton 58mm 1.4 SL II

Pentax MX, Voigtlander Color Skopar 20mm 3.5 SL II

Pentax LX, Voigtlander Nokton 58mm 1.4 SL II

Voigtlander Color Skopar 20mm 3.5 SL II

Pentax MX, Voigtlander Color Skopar 20mm 3.5 SL II

Zeiss Distagon T* 25mm 2.8

Previous posts are here:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/post-your-photos/215430-people-sierra-mckenzie-pt-1-a.html
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/post-your-photos/215547-not-work-safe-sie...pt-2-nsfw.html
Views: 6,089
02-20-2013, 11:40 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Loved them. Another great portrait series.
02-20-2013, 12:15 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Awesome series. Beautiful Model. I have an absolute weakness for Redheads.

Love the work with the Tulle meterial.

Might should have marked it "NSFW", however.
02-20-2013, 03:07 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thx all!

QuoteOriginally posted by Ed n Georgia Quote
Might should have marked it "NSFW", however.
Really? I looked them over and didn't notice anything untoward showing, nothing more than you might see from a bathing suit. I don't have a problem flagging things nsfw (see the Part 2 post); some cases are harder to call than others I guess.

02-20-2013, 03:41 PM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by alan_smithee_photos Quote
Thx all!

Really? I looked them over and didn't notice anything untoward showing, nothing more than you might see from a bathing suit. I don't have a problem flagging things nsfw (see the Part 2 post); some cases are harder to call than others I guess.
I have seen part 2. I love, and admire, your work. My reason for the "NSFW" comment is that you can see see the young womans nipple and areola in a couple of the shots.

It would personally suit me if we didn't have to mark anything NSFW as I feel the female form is, in and of itself, a work of art.

Last edited by Ed n Georgia; 02-20-2013 at 05:24 PM.
02-20-2013, 05:21 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Might have to mark things 'Not Safe For North Carolina' soon...
02-20-2013, 05:50 PM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
If this is the result of a skillful artist scanning Portra output from Zeiss, Nokton and Voigtlander I wonder
  • what the original prints look like without the internet downsampling
  • why we need digital at all
Seeing something like this makes me want to actually work at this, even though I know I don't have 40 years to get there. These are really, truly beautiful.
02-21-2013, 09:50 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
If this is the result of a skillful artist scanning Portra output from Zeiss, Nokton and Voigtlander I wonder
  • what the original prints look like without the internet downsampling
  • why we need digital at all
Seeing something like this makes me want to actually work at this, even though I know I don't have 40 years to get there. These are really, truly beautiful.
Thx much for the thoughts and kind words.

I have to admit, these last couple of film shoots have been something of a revelation to me. I just love everything about them. Maybe some of this novelty will wear off as I get more used to it but for now I'm seriously thinking of doing film only (or primarily) for upcoming shoots.

And props to Panda Photo Lab here in Seattle for developing and scanning. I have them develop the negatives and scan them (they'll even save them straight onto a USB drive for you, along with giving you a contact print). Didn't expect much from the scans but, wow, I'm impressed. Great people too (as you'd imagine).

02-21-2013, 11:20 AM   #9

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Sweet.