Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Merritt Island and Canaveral Nat. Seashore
Camera: K-5 Photo Location: Florida 
Posted By: slowpez, 02-21-2013, 08:38 AM

Here are a few more from our last stop before we get to the Key West. The blue bird is a Florida Scrub Jay, an endangered species and only found in Florida. We were really pleased to have seen him.

Last edited by slowpez; 02-28-2013 at 02:20 PM.
Views: 1,348
02-21-2013, 08:46 AM   #2
Veteran Member

It looks like you are in bird paradise. Do you know the name of the blue bird in the last photo? I bet the the sunset and sunrise are also spectacular. I look forward to seeing more photos of your Florida adventure.
02-21-2013, 09:42 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
A really enjoyable series Susan! You must have felt like you were in paradise with so many wonderful and diverse birds to shoot. Keep them coming!
02-21-2013, 09:55 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jnguyen Quote
It looks like you are in bird paradise. Do you know the name of the blue bird in the last photo? I bet the the sunset and sunrise are also spectacular. I look forward to seeing more photos of your Florida adventure.
It is a Florida Scrub Jay. There were definitely lots of birds to shoot.

QuoteOriginally posted by tessfully Quote
A really enjoyable series Susan! You must have felt like you were in paradise with so many wonderful and diverse birds to shoot. Keep them coming!
Thanks Tess.

02-21-2013, 03:26 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Nice series. Congrats on the scrub jay and on getting such a nice capture of one as well!
02-21-2013, 03:31 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Very nice series...what was the equipment used?
02-21-2013, 04:03 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by fotogaffer Quote
Nice series. Congrats on the scrub jay and on getting such a nice capture of one as well!
Thanks. One of our goal was that scrub jay.

QuoteOriginally posted by manishved Quote
Very nice series...what was the equipment used?
K-5 and the DA 300mm. It has turned out to be a nice combo.

02-21-2013, 08:24 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

You've got that lens dialed in! The first 3 are really excellent. And I love the jay...you captured the attitude of that one perfectly.
02-21-2013, 10:05 PM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm not sure if it is exactly the same, but we do have a blue scrub jay in CA, they are a bit inquisitive and mischievous to say the least. I really enjoyed seeing the full color photos Susan, quite beautiful and sharp.
02-22-2013, 06:32 AM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

What an enjoyable series, Susan - each shot is crisp, perfectly focused and colorful. The ibis made me smile as these birds always do. I barely know one bird from another, but I do think of blue jays as being ugly brutes. This little guy's pretty cute.

Jer
02-22-2013, 07:41 AM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by slowpez Quote
Here are a few more from our last stop before we get to the Key West. The blue bird is a Florida Scrub Jay, an endangered species and only found in Florida. We were really pleased to have seen him.
Those are really nice images. I like the first, third & fourth ones best. Congratulations.
02-22-2013, 08:19 AM   #12
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Dice Quote
You've got that lens dialed in! The first 3 are really excellent. And I love the jay...you captured the attitude of that one perfectly.
Thanks Dice. I appreciate the kind comments.

QuoteOriginally posted by Bob Harris Quote
I'm not sure if it is exactly the same, but we do have a blue scrub jay in CA, they are a bit inquisitive and mischievous to say the least. I really enjoyed seeing the full color photos Susan, quite beautiful and sharp.
The scrub jay found in the west is considered a different bird Bob. This particular one is found only in Florida I believe. Thanks for stopping by.

QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
What an enjoyable series, Susan - each shot is crisp, perfectly focused and colorful. The ibis made me smile as these birds always do. I barely know one bird from another, but I do think of blue jays as being ugly brutes. This little guy's pretty cute.
Jer
You misjudge the bluejay Jer. The feathers of those guys blow me away. Blue colors like that are so rare in nature. The scrub jay, while not as colorful is awfully cute.

QuoteOriginally posted by tranq78 Quote
Those are really nice images. I like the first, third & fourth ones best. Congratulations.
Thank you tranq.
02-22-2013, 06:27 PM   #13
Veteran Member

These are just excellent! I really like #1 and #3 especially. The color and sharpness on #3 are superb.
02-23-2013, 08:29 AM   #14
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by GeoJerry Quote
These are just excellent! I really like #1 and #3 especially. The color and sharpness on #3 are superb.
Thanks GeoJerry. Appreciate it.
02-23-2013, 08:30 AM   #15
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Very nice! One of the places I like to shoot!