Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Nurse's quarters
Lens: 18-55 WR Camera: K5IIs Photo Location: Coaldale, PA ISO: 200 
Posted By: ChuckB28, 02-21-2013, 11:16 AM

Pics of the old nurse's quarters next to Killdale hospital. Soon not to be there anymore...

Unedited... straight from the IIs with the kit lens...

Last edited by ChuckB28; 05-20-2014 at 10:05 AM.
Views: 566
02-22-2013, 05:58 AM - 1 Like   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
What a shame that beautiful building will be torn down rather than reused. Nice sharp shots. I really like the pictures with the vines spreading out across the building and into the porch.
02-22-2013, 06:09 AM - 1 Like   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
A great photographic survey of a fascinating old building. I'm far from an expert on architecture, but this place looks to have been built in the late 19th century? I normally find structures of that era to be grim, but this old building really has personality - I'm with Tamia; it's a shame the place can't be refurbished and used.

Jer
02-22-2013, 07:36 AM   #4

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
I've lived in this area practially my whole life and never knew what this building was used for until the recent article about it being razed. I'd love to get a look inside this building!!! I imagine it would make for awesome inside window portraits!!

02-22-2013, 08:27 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
A great photographic survey of a fascinating old building. I'm far from an expert on architecture, but this place looks to have been built in the late 19th century? I normally find structures of that era to be grim, but this old building really has personality - I'm with Tamia; it's a shame the place can't be refurbished and used.

Jer
I agree. What a wonderful building and the stories it could tell. Too bad they will raze it.