Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Key West
Camera: K-5 
Posted By: slowpez, 02-22-2013, 08:54 AM

We spent a month here and, needless to say, I took a few photos. . I thought I would try to put them into some kind of reasonable order but finally realized that there is nothing about Key West that is reasonable. It is just a fun laid-back place that holds something of interest every day. We were lucky to be camping at a Navy/Coast Guard base just a block away from the old seaport. As a result, we parked the truck for almost the whole month, got out the bicycles and had the best trip ever. (I say that about every trip.)
Anyhow, I decided I would just show them in the order I shot them.

Last edited by slowpez; 02-28-2013 at 02:20 PM.
Views: 667
02-22-2013, 10:06 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
what a beautiful sky you captured. I bet you guys had some great adventures down that way. The first is my favorite, nice to see the old power pole is still being used.
02-22-2013, 10:35 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Sounds like a great getaway to me . Beautiful set of shots that really capture the spirit of the location.
02-22-2013, 12:17 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Bob Harris Quote
what a beautiful sky you captured. I bet you guys had some great adventures down that way. The first is my favorite, nice to see the old power pole is still being used.
Thanks Bob. Some of the power poles had spikes on them to keep the Ospreys off. It seemed to work some of the time. I loved the messiness of the nest with all the power bits.

QuoteOriginally posted by paulh Quote
Sounds like a great getaway to me . Beautiful set of shots that really capture the spirit of the location.
Thank you Paul.

02-22-2013, 05:09 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

nice photos, & looks like a great destination, the first Pelican shot is my fav, wonderful shot.
cheers.
02-22-2013, 05:13 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Really great shots. Well done.
02-22-2013, 06:07 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
like them! thanks for sharing.
02-22-2013, 08:53 PM   #8
Veteran Member

I've always wanted to visit Key West. Don't know why except I've heard it is really laid back and that would suit me perfectly.

Love the pics - hope you have some more to share as this is probably the closest I will ever get!

02-23-2013, 08:16 AM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Delightful group of shots, Susan. The shots of the gaff riggers at sunset remind me I haven't been to my boat in weeks.

Jer
02-23-2013, 08:34 AM   #10
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Cee Cee Quote
nice photos, & looks like a great destination, the first Pelican shot is my fav, wonderful shot.
cheers.
Thanks Cee. It was a really different place for us but we ended up loving it.

QuoteOriginally posted by bluestringer Quote
Really great shots. Well done.
Thanks so much.

QuoteOriginally posted by causey Quote
like them! thanks for sharing.
Thanks for having a look.

QuoteOriginally posted by stormtech Quote
I've always wanted to visit Key West. Don't know why except I've heard it is really laid back and that would suit me perfectly.

Love the pics - hope you have some more to share as this is probably the closest I will ever get!
Believe me when I say there are lots more. The lifestyle was hard for us to get used to as we are goers and doers and having trouble sitting still at times. No TV and no internet were the pluses for us. Dry camping was easy to get used to. Going back next year we hope.

QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
Delightful group of shots, Susan. The shots of the gaff riggers at sunset remind me I haven't been to my boat in weeks.

Jer
I have lots more boats for you to look at Jer. You may tell me what kind each one is. They were practicing for some kind of yacht race when we were there and that was fun to photograph.