Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
Renaults
Lens: Tamron 17-50 Camera: K-01 Photo Location: Melb. Aus. 
Posted By: VladM, 02-22-2013, 11:28 PM

Some old (and new) Renaults exhibited at Docklands, Melbourne last weekend.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-01  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-01  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-01  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-01  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-01  Photo 

Views: 797
02-22-2013, 11:42 PM   #2

Photos: Gallery
Nice pics. It's amazing how, for a nation that is usually so finely attuned to pleasuring the senses, their cars are often so ugly. I must admit, looking at your pics above, as someone born in the 70s, I've probably been exposed in my most receptive years to the nadir of French automotive design, so perhaps I'm too harsh. There's certainly something I like about the first one, and the new ones aren't too shabby either.

(Then again those comments about being put off by 70s design apply equally to architecture and the locale of your photos above. I grew up hating contemporary architecture. But I really quite like the majority of new buildings in the Docklands area.)
02-22-2013, 11:58 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Russell, thanks for looking and your comments.
Your perspective on things French are interesting and I tend to agree up to a point. I grew up in Europe in the 60's and have a vivid memory of French cars (especially Citroens) of that era, as having unique and interesting style.
I tend to agree that in the 70's and 80's their styling was somewhat ordinary, and only recently have they gone back to being more innovative. These, of course, are all subjective opinions.
02-23-2013, 08:12 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Not too many Renaults have made it to our shores over the years, but the blue car in the first pic and the red roadster seem vaguely familiar. I love the sharpness and color of this series - nice job.

Jer

02-23-2013, 09:21 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nice Alpine ! J