Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
my new "snowmobile"
Lens: Sigma 1.4/30 Camera: K5 Photo Location: M;y home 
Posted By: volley, 02-23-2013, 09:16 AM

I picked this one up today.
You don't see many of these in Germany. And yes: the white stuff is snow. Not the perfect car to ride in this conditions, but who cares!!

I was telling my wife for more than 20 years that one day I would like to have a roadster. But as life goes on other things were more important and more urgend to use the funds.
When we had our 25th aniversary last year she had organzed a Triumph TR6 for a day for me. And she told me I should not wait and finally start looking for a nice roadster. Yes I know I don't deserve her! But to be fair, we bought her horses already years ago.

Views: 1,100
02-23-2013, 10:43 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
That Pontiac looks awesome and like you said "who cares", it's a roadster and one cool ride. Get it inside though before you get a cold constantly going outside to take another look at a car you are going to have a blast in. post some pics when the weather clears up and you put the top down. Have fun over there.
02-23-2013, 11:02 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Very cool! I've always liked the look of the Solstice. You'll love it when you can put the top down. Is there another place you can mount the front licence plate, or remove it completely? (sorry, pet peeve of mine) Enjoy!

Last edited by paulh; 02-23-2013 at 11:22 AM. Reason: typo
02-23-2013, 11:17 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Sounds like one hell of a wife! Cheers bud and nice looking ride. JIM

02-24-2013, 05:26 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Bob Harris Quote
That Pontiac looks awesome and like you said "who cares", it's a roadster and one cool ride. Get it inside though before you get a cold constantly going outside to take another look at a car you are going to have a blast in. post some pics when the weather clears up and you put the top down. Have fun over there.
Thanks Bob, for sure it will be a fun ride when the weather improves. I'll post some "topless" pics!

QuoteOriginally posted by paulh Quote
Very cool! I've always liked the look of the Solstice. You'll love it when you can put the top down. Is there another place you can mount the front licence plate, or remove it completely? (sorry, pet peeve of mine) Enjoy!
Thanks Paul! The front license plate is mandatory over here but the mounting is still "preliminary". I was lucky to get such a small licene plate approved though!
But who cares about the license plate when you can ride without speed limit on the Autobahn?

QuoteOriginally posted by Jimbo Quote
Sounds like one hell of a wife! Cheers bud and nice looking ride. JIM
I'm sure she'll like the "hell of a wife" comment! Take care Jim
02-24-2013, 07:01 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I love the Solstice. Too bad GM ran the Pontiac name plate in to the ground and killed it, they made some great and memorable cars. At one time, Pontiac was the #3 car maker in the US. I hope it serves you well! And I bet you are right about not seeing many in Germany!
02-24-2013, 09:24 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Tom S. Quote
I love the Solstice. Too bad GM ran the Pontiac name plate in to the ground and killed it, they made some great and memorable cars. At one time, Pontiac was the #3 car maker in the US. I hope it serves you well! And I bet you are right about not seeing many in Germany!
Thanks Tom! Opel (i.e. GM Germany) used the same plattform for a small convertible, the Opel GT. That should help if spare parts are needed.
But the Solstice looks much better than the Opel GT!

02-24-2013, 10:33 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by volley Quote
Thanks Tom! Opel (i.e. GM Germany) used the same plattform for a small convertible, the Opel GT. That should help if spare parts are needed.
But the Solstice looks much better than the Opel GT!
They also used it for a two seater Saturn, but I still like the Pontiac better.
02-24-2013, 11:04 AM   #9
Pentaxian

Think the Pontiac Solstice is stunning....what a great , little roadster.
02-24-2013, 12:50 PM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Tom S. Quote
They also used it for a two seater Saturn, but I still like the Pontiac better.
QuoteOriginally posted by lesmore49 Quote
Think the Pontiac Solstice is stunning....what a great , little roadster.
Thanks guys, I can't wait to get out on the road when the snow is gone!
02-25-2013, 04:41 PM   #11
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Beautiful, Norbert - I love roadsters and this one is very cool.

Jer
02-25-2013, 11:01 PM   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
Beautiful, Norbert - I love roadsters and this one is very cool.

Jer
Thanks Jer! For sure you have more chances to drive with the top down! Do you still drive a Porsche?
Take care