Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

RAAF Aviation Heritage Museum
Posted By: tootall, 02-24-2013, 04:09 AM

Down at the museum today (a tad tight for space down there)

Views: 1,832
02-25-2013, 04:50 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by p38arover Quote
If you do go to Pt Cook, stop at Werribee where a Liberator is being restored Home | B-24 Liberator Restoration Australia
The B-24 is on my list to see. My Grandad was a navigator over PNG in - Liberator. Petty I'm not heading over to Vic.

02-25-2013, 04:55 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by sam-joseph Quote
Nice shots. Lens?

Regards
Cheers, most were with the DA 10-17mm and a couple with the DA* 16-50mm. But even at 16mm with the lack of room I quickly switched back to the fisheye. From memory all posted images here are with the fisheye.
02-25-2013, 06:19 AM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

love that lanc' ! nice to see a canberra, a versatile workhorse... fine captures... dave m
02-25-2013, 10:15 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by dcmsox2004 Quote
love that lanc' ! nice to see a canberra, a versatile workhorse... fine captures... dave m
Thanks Dave

02-26-2013, 08:05 AM   #20
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
These are very nicely done - I know from experience, that exposure can be tough in such places. You've also gotten great compositions, something else that's easier said than done. Great job.

Jer
02-26-2013, 12:22 PM   #21
Pentaxian

Great photos....good idea to use a fisheye in that museum. Love the Lancaster shot....my dad had a war surplus Lancaster prop in the rec room for many years.
02-27-2013, 08:59 AM   #22
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
These are very nicely done - I know from experience, that exposure can be tough in such places. You've also gotten great compositions, something else that's easier said than done. Great job.

Jer
Thanks for the comments Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by lesmore49 Quote
Great photos....good idea to use a fisheye in that museum. Love the Lancaster shot....my dad had a war surplus Lancaster prop in the rec room for many years.
I've heard props are worth a bit (the only problem is the limited number of customers now days )

02-27-2013, 11:17 AM   #23
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by tootall Quote
The B-24 is on my list to see. My Grandad was a navigator over PNG in - Liberator. Petty I'm not heading over to Vic.
There's an airworthy B-24 that visits Syracuse every year. For a few hundred dollars you can take a ride. I've always wanted to do it but don't really have the spare cash. My Grandfather was a navigator on B-24s as well, 8th Air Force. 446th Heavy Bombardment Group, 704th Bombardment Squadron out of Bungay. He got activated for Korea and flew missions from Japan in B-29s. Then he transitioned to B-47s until they bounced him out in '59.

QuoteQuote:
nice to see a canberra, a versatile workhorse...
There's a RB-57A at the Wings of Eagles here in NY. I have to get back down there now that they are in their new facility and shoot it with the proper lens.

Wings of Eagles - Elmira-Corning Regional Airport - a set on Flickr