Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
My first real K20D images!
Posted By: codiac2600, 02-27-2008, 11:25 AM

I've been busy learning and picking apart the new K20D and finally decided it was time to leave the confines of my house and venture out into the cold world outside. All taken with the K20D and Sigma 105mm 2.8 macro.

Enjoy!

Oh, BTW, the AF is faster and more accurate overall. I shot these in AF and not only did it hunt a lot less than the K10D, it nailed what I was aiming at

Views: 1,572
02-27-2008, 11:27 AM   #2
Veteran Member

what ISO are these at?

(i'm really jonsing for someone to do a full series of ISO6400 shots hehehe)
02-27-2008, 11:31 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Nice contrast/colours/selective sharpness to those images Chris. Would be tempted but my priority is long glass.

Paul
02-27-2008, 02:23 PM   #4
Inactive Account

I love samples that aren't brick walls.... rather, works of art...

I'm seriously considering an upgrade. My K10D tends to back-focus. I've learned to pretty much work around it, but it is an annoyance.

02-27-2008, 02:38 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Thanks Chris, much appreciated.
It all looks very good....and the resolve to purchase later is weakening rapidly, although I would like to see something from the K200, simply because I have got myself set up with AA Eneloops.
Cheers.
Grant
02-27-2008, 05:51 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Thanks, Chris. Finally some "real" pictures with the new camera. I don't know whether I'll spring for a K20D or not, but I always enjoy seeing your stuff (regardless of which camera you use) - so keep the "demos" coming.

Jer
02-27-2008, 06:25 PM   #7
m8o
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'm so so getting tempted to say "my personal subjective value point be damned, I'm going to be an early adopter". I only wish I could get it for what you got it for Chris...

02-27-2008, 09:00 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Crisp and clean.
Tripod, handheld?
ISO?

Simple images like these could create jealousy...
02-28-2008, 12:08 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Really smooth and the colour are natural. Bokeh are nice too.

Now, I would love to know the ISO of the images too
02-28-2008, 07:26 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Gooshin Quote
what ISO are these at?

(i'm really jonsing for someone to do a full series of ISO6400 shots hehehe)
These are all ISO 100 Veeeeery smoooth

QuoteOriginally posted by channeler Quote
Nice contrast/colours/selective sharpness to those images Chris. Would be tempted but my priority is long glass.

Paul
Thanks Paul, and I debated glass or not, but I couldn't pass this puppy up.

QuoteOriginally posted by hamidlmt Quote
I love samples that aren't brick walls.... rather, works of art...

I'm seriously considering an upgrade. My K10D tends to back-focus. I've learned to pretty much work around it, but it is an annoyance.
Thanks Hamid and I too am tired of brick wall tests and will post only real world examples from this point on since it's useless shooting at a staged scene. Pick up the K20D and send in the K10D for it's back focus issue then you'll get two perfectly balanced cameras.

QuoteOriginally posted by GWP Quote
Thanks Chris, much appreciated.
It all looks very good....and the resolve to purchase later is weakening rapidly, although I would like to see something from the K200, simply because I have got myself set up with AA Eneloops.
Cheers.
Grant
Thanks Grant.

QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
Thanks, Chris. Finally some "real" pictures with the new camera. I don't know whether I'll spring for a K20D or not, but I always enjoy seeing your stuff (regardless of which camera you use) - so keep the "demos" coming.

Jer
Lol, thanks Jer. I like the K20D better since it's even more of a tool for the trade and there are still improvements to be made, but it's the best camera I've shot with so far.
02-28-2008, 07:29 AM   #11
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by m8o Quote
I'm so so getting tempted to say "my personal subjective value point be damned, I'm going to be an early adopter". I only wish I could get it for what you got it for Chris...
Well there are a few bugs with the new camera I've noticed, but nothing that will stop you from taking great pictures. I think the next firmware will address said issues and it's more of add feature upgrade that is needed.

QuoteOriginally posted by clarenceclose Quote
Crisp and clean.
Tripod, handheld?
ISO?

Simple images like these could create jealousy...
Handheld of course I'm a total believer in the SR system and show it when I shoot all my macros handheld. Now that I have a usable ISO 1600 I may have a lot more fun out in the marsh hunting dragonflies.

QuoteOriginally posted by roentarre Quote
Really smooth and the colour are natural. Bokeh are nice too.

Now, I would love to know the ISO of the images too
Thank James and it's ISO 100