Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
In My Back Yard
Lens: Sigma 70-300 DL f4-5.6 Camera: K20D Photo Location: Melbourne ISO: 800 
Posted By: Cee Cee, 02-25-2013, 05:54 AM

There has been lots of Rainbow Parakeets around the last couple of weeks, I think they have come down from further North to escape the Bush fires, every day around 4.30pm a bunch of them fly in and land in a rather large Peppercorn Tree which overhangs on to my property and help themselves to a few of the red berries before departing, only trouble is they're right up the top usually obstructed by the foliage, I managed to get a couple of shots today though.

cheers & thanks for looking
Views: 871
02-25-2013, 06:00 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Yeah , they can be tricky little blighters to catch, but these are great, excellent colours, they look real. Nicely done Cee Cee
02-25-2013, 07:50 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I love those colorful birds. You are fortunate to have them in the wild.
02-25-2013, 02:18 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
those are so beautiful CC, great capture. I'm going to send this link to one of my granddaughters who would love to have one

02-26-2013, 04:06 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by cmohr Quote
Yeah , they can be tricky little blighters to catch, but these are great, excellent colours, they look real. Nicely done Cee Cee
thanks cmohr, I had better luck today when they landed in a smaller tree and I was able to get closer
cheers

QuoteOriginally posted by slowpez Quote
I love those colorful birds. You are fortunate to have them in the wild.
I've got to tell you Susan there were more of them today and they hung around a lot longer and were making quite a racket, one of the neighbors was hanging out a window banging things together to try and scare them off It didn't work by the way, clearly not a bird lover!
cheers.

QuoteOriginally posted by Bob Harris Quote
those are so beautiful CC, great capture. I'm going to send this link to one of my granddaughters who would love to have one
thank you Bob, glad you like them and I hope your grand daughter gets some pleasure from viewing these and the others I've posted today.
cheers.