Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
1 Like  
Suspended in Ice - Part 2
Posted By: tessfully, 03-09-2013, 07:29 PM

I have been at it again ... freezing things and then photographing them, with mixed results, but it is a great deal of fun. Here are my favourites from today. Thank you for looking

Feathers and Ornamental Firs

White Feather

Red Rock

Fir

Amethyst

Portrait (Jer, Sailor, gave me the idea. "Suspended in Time." I froze an old photograph of my grandmother and photographed it as it melted.

all of the above were back lit by the sun, but when the ice portrait began to fall apart I had to lie it down...

Views: 1,380
03-26-2013, 07:39 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Dice Quote
Even though they are frozen the air bubbles give them a sense of motion. Very creative. And perfectly executed. Great work.
QuoteOriginally posted by slowpez Quote
What a great imagination you have Tess. I like how the lines in the feather and fern leaves mimic each other. The simplicity of the second one is my favorite though. It is so beautiful. Not sure grandma would approve of being kept on ice . Keep them coming.
QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
Nice, tess - I especially like the simplicity and elegant lines of the second one.

Jer
QuoteOriginally posted by mrNewt Quote
I have something in the fridge ... not very encouraging from what I see so far.
Will see once I get to put it under the lens what's what - soon to come I guess.
QuoteOriginally posted by fotogaffer Quote
Wow, I've really enjoyed your "suspended in ice" series Part 1 and 2 - very creative, and some of these are almost painting like. Something about the second one - White Fir - that really catches my eye. Thanks for sharing!

I have really fallen behind in thanking everyone for having a look, for the wonderful encouragement and comments. Thank you thank you... seriously, I wonder if I would bother without my friends on Pentax Forum to share with.