Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Life is bittersweet
Camera: K5 
Posted By: sealonsf, 03-11-2013, 12:36 PM

These are not great photos, but they mean a lot to me. This is Fiona and Ike, taken this January. Fiona is the Yorkie pictured here - she was 17 years old. We recently had to put her down and it was the hardest thing I've ever had to do. Ike is the Miniature Schnauzer. He's 12 and has cancer. So, so far, 2013 has not been a very happy or easy year for us. But aren't they the cutest pups? Fiona never really liked Ike that much, but toward the end of her life, she went to lay down beside him more often and he was definitely protective of her. After she was gone, he would look for her. He's never been the only dog before so I know he misses her. Enjoy every second you have with all of your loved ones.

[IMG]
[/IMG]

[IMG]
[/IMG]
Views: 724
03-11-2013, 12:43 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
A sad story for sure but awesome pictures to brighten good thoughts.--charliezap
03-11-2013, 12:48 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I am so sorry for the loss of your lovely Fiona. The loss of a pet is hard to bear. They become such an integral part of your lives. Give Ike some extra love and I wish you the best.
03-11-2013, 03:08 PM   #4
Den
Veteran Member

Been there and it hurts for sure, still does years later if I think about it. Cute critters. TFS.

03-11-2013, 03:14 PM   #5
Veteran Member

They are truly family members and these are great memories. So sorry for your loss. Lost ours last April still miss him dearly.
03-11-2013, 04:59 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Been through it. 17 years for a pup is damn good! We saw dynamics change, too, over time and health changes. Our last one left 2 years ago, and we're starting to think of adding to the family again. They are great! I always stop to visit with dogs I pass if they let me. Those two look great. Best to Ike. I love how Fiona is looking at you, and I'm sure she couldn't see well, but all the same. Great photos, and Yorkies are pretty special.
03-11-2013, 06:22 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Tears... hugs to you and your family. Fiona was a sweet heart and she stayed with you for 17 years because she loved her life. Ike is a handsome guy. Very painful to lose them... her gift is 17 years of memories.

03-11-2013, 08:25 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks, everyone. My life has been enriched with some very special dogs. I still think of Mitzi the Pekingese and family dog who I basically grew up from the age of 5; Nickelby, my first Yorkie who pretty much saved my life during a rough time (took me 10 years to get over his death) and now, my sweet little Fiona, a "found" dog that no one ever claimed and who was the sweetest, smartest, rarely barking little dog I've ever known. Ike doesn't know he has cancer so we are enjoying life as much as possible.