Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Ecola State Park (2 images)
Posted By: JamesD, 02-29-2008, 11:04 PM

Last Sunday my wife and I spent a lovely afternoon at Ecola State Park on the coast of Oregon not far from our home. I made a few dozen images and would like to just post two here for now. Comments are welcomed.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K10D  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K10D  Photo 

Last edited by JamesD; 02-29-2008 at 11:09 PM.
Views: 2,196
03-01-2008, 01:27 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Beautiful captures of beautiful scenery James. Great exposues, colours and compositions. The dog in the foreground in 1 adds interest and a nice contrast against the vastness of the ocean. Did you deliberately underexpose? You say you were there afternoon, but the images have almost a dusk feel to them. Which lens did you use?

Paul
03-01-2008, 10:36 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Very nice! Great scenery shots and I agree with Paul, the dog in the first shot really gives it scale and interest.
03-01-2008, 11:43 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Hi guys... and thanks for taking the time to look.

Yes, I deliberately underexposed. It's just a habit from my film shooting days. I used the kit lens since it was all I had last week. I now have a new Tammy 18-250mm and absolutely love it. I'll post a few later.

The dog was an interesting character. His master... a lady surfer was out riding the waves and the dog was beside himself trying to get out there. Several times he raced into the surf only to realize it was more than he could handle. He ran up and down the beach but never took his eyes off her. My wife and I went down the beach... made some images and then returned and sure enough, the dog was jumping for joy since his master had finally emerged for the day. I should have included some of that information in the original post.

03-01-2008, 12:00 PM   #5
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
These are both great shots but the first is a real standout. The underexposure comment is funny. I did that a lot at first (always brought the colours out more on film) but discovered that has to be used more selectively on a DSLR. Sometimes it introduces noise. Still works well with a silhouette shot like this though.

Nice shots!