Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
2 Likes  #1
The streets of Barcelona (1)
Lens: Samyang 14mm, Pentax 18-55mm DL, DA 40mm Camera: K-x Photo Location: Barcelona, Spain 
Posted By: causey, 03-16-2013, 06:23 PM

Please double click on any pic you wish to see in detail (and then click again in the newly opened pic to enlarge it).

More of the same, on my blog.

Last edited by causey; 03-17-2013 at 07:30 AM. Reason: title modification
Views: 1,457
03-16-2013, 06:39 PM   #2

Nice shots. How do you like your Samyang? I have tried their 85mm and was very impressed. I was wondering if you have ever compared the Samyang 14mm to the equivalent Pentax lengths?
03-16-2013, 06:40 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I bet that Jamon was good! I need to go to spain. Great shots, as usual.
03-16-2013, 07:01 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by CB Knipp Quote
Nice shots. How do you like your Samyang? I have tried their 85mm and was very impressed. I was wondering if you have ever compared the Samyang 14mm to the equivalent Pentax lengths?
Thank you. One of my favorite lenses. Check out my review, where I compare it to the Sigma 10-20 (haven't had the chance to try the DA 15mm): Samyang 14mm F2.8 ED AS IF UMC Lens Reviews - Samyang Lenses - Pentax Lens Review Database

03-16-2013, 07:04 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by kenafein Quote
I bet that Jamon was good! I need to go to spain. Great shots, as usual.
Your comment is much appreciated (as usual)! Oh, the jamon was fantastic--we might have had too much of it Almost all our meals included jamon--we couldn't oppose resistance to the damn jamon. I need to go back to Spain. Terrific country, with plenty of places I haven't seen.
03-16-2013, 08:11 PM   #6

Thanks for the link! Nice review of the lens as well. Samyang deserves respect as they really are putting out some nice lenses. I myself am excited about the 24mm T/S. As for wide, I use the Sigma 8-16mm (awesome, by the way) but would like to try one of these 14mm pieces if I see one around as it would work for film. For some reason I cannot seem to find them here in Japan.
03-16-2013, 09:05 PM   #7

Photos: Gallery
#4 is an interesting building - would be interested to know more about it (even just if you can remember the address to give me a lead).

03-16-2013, 09:10 PM   #8
Site Supporter

Thanks for posting, my wife and I will be in Barcelona in April and really looking forward to it. A city with great architecture.
03-16-2013, 10:09 PM   #9

Nice snapshot
03-17-2013, 03:21 AM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by rdharkins Quote
Thanks for posting, my wife and I will be in Barcelona in April and really looking forward to it. A city with great architecture.
Make sure you get to Park Guell in the foothills of Barcelona - Gaudi's attempt at a sustainable property development. Great area to walk around and plenty of photo opportunities.
03-17-2013, 03:59 AM   #11
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nice captures ... reminds me of when I went to Barcelona ... got to back there sometime, J
03-17-2013, 04:55 AM   #12
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by CB Knipp Quote
Thanks for the link! Nice review of the lens as well. Samyang deserves respect as they really are putting out some nice lenses. I myself am excited about the 24mm T/S. As for wide, I use the Sigma 8-16mm (awesome, by the way) but would like to try one of these 14mm pieces if I see one around as it would work for film. For some reason I cannot seem to find them here in Japan.
You might also want to take a look at this thread: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/lens-clubs/137335-samyang-lens-club.html

QuoteOriginally posted by russell2pi Quote
#4 is an interesting building - would be interested to know more about it (even just if you can remember the address to give me a lead).
It's on Avinguda Diagonal. I was coming from Placa de Francesc Macia, and it's on the left side, not far from this Placa. Av. Diagonal is a great boulevard, worth seeing from Frances Macia to Gaudi's Cathedral.

QuoteOriginally posted by rdharkins Quote
Thank you. Barcelona is perhaps the city for architecture. Most buildings have something impressive. In case you missed my two other threads:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/post-your-photos/218386-cityscape-barceloneta.html
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/post-your-photos/218214-architecture-la-sagrada-familia.html

QuoteOriginally posted by Putu Quote
Nice snapshot
Thank you very much.

QuoteOriginally posted by southlander Quote
Make sure you get to Park Guell in the foothills of Barcelona - Gaudi's attempt at a sustainable property development. Great area to walk around and plenty of photo opportunities.
I'll post a set with Park Guell soon, after one or two more street architecture threads

QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
Nice captures ... reminds me of when I went to Barcelona ... got to back there sometime, J
Thank you! Glad my thread was your reminder
03-17-2013, 05:26 AM   #13
Veteran Member

A nice slice of street life Stefan.
03-17-2013, 08:12 AM   #14
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by daacon Quote
A nice slice of street life Stefan.
thank you, Dave
03-17-2013, 08:18 AM   #15
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
An amazing city, almost something different around every corner, great shots well seen and taken.