Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

We interrupt our ocean sunrises for a Spring update ....
Posted By: daacon, 03-21-2013, 06:40 PM

These shots were taken .... today - the backyard this morning, the rest just a mere 45 minutes ago - Welcome Spring !

click on image twice for larger view

The rather stoic look on my face is a direct result of this being the second time today I had to shovel and the snow is till falling

The backyad is more prestine but deep snow still

The highest peak we'll call it an even 7 feet.

The top of the sticker on the basketball pole is about my shoulder height

ugg it's not that cold (for us) but today has been brutal with the snow (up to 21cm in some areas). Weekend getaway planned ! (assuming the highways are clear ....)
Views: 1,232
03-22-2013, 10:19 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by kerrowdown Quote
Mexico to that...
haha I wish I could just get on expdia and add to cart !

QuoteOriginally posted by dcmsox2004 Quote
looks like you've got your snow scowl on dave.... don't blame ya a bit... still no real sign of
spring here either.... ugh.... dave m
Indeed Dave feel for ya as well.

QuoteOriginally posted by Stoogie Quote
There's nothing quite like spring in Alberta, is there? Well, except for spring in Saskatchewan and Manitoba, and probably antarctica as well
Generally not this bad - but when it's bad - it's bad - it has been warmer up in the Yukon and the Northern territories than here last week.

03-22-2013, 11:07 AM   #17

I'll trade you my 200 foot driveway here at Alberta Beach for your 50 foot in Sherwood. Just finished 3 hour job by shovel no snowblower, definitly next winter though. Hopefully we're done with the white stuff for this season.
03-22-2013, 11:50 AM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Wow, that looks like a lot o work Dave! Somehow I'm not sure if this global worming thing works
Twelve month ago we could sit in shorts in the garden, this night we expect -10°C (that's 14F I guess).
Take care
03-22-2013, 11:54 AM   #19
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Lot's of work, for sure, old buddy. All those decades I lived up north, late season snows would send me into despondency; I would get so tired of winter. Down here, I get the same feeling when it's mid-October and we're faced with a week of 100-deg (37C) days.

Jer

03-22-2013, 12:07 PM   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
You need a Chinook !

JP
03-22-2013, 02:55 PM   #21
Veteran Member

Holly cow Batman! I am heading to Radium golfing in three weeks. Hopefully it works out. Crazy. JIM
03-24-2013, 07:43 PM   #22
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by basquist02 Quote
I'll trade you my 200 foot driveway here at Alberta Beach for your 50 foot in Sherwood. Just finished 3 hour job by shovel no snowblower, definitly next winter though. Hopefully we're done with the white stuff for this season.
haha don't see any upside for me , so I'll pass .....warm weather is on it's way !

QuoteOriginally posted by volley Quote
Wow, that looks like a lot o work Dave! Somehow I'm not sure if this global worming thing works
Twelve month ago we could sit in shorts in the garden, this night we expect -10°C (that's 14F I guess).
Take care
Yep for a while there it was twice a day ..........

QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
Lot's of work, for sure, old buddy. All those decades I lived up north, late season snows would send me into despondency; I would get so tired of winter. Down here, I get the same feeling when it's mid-October and we're faced with a week of 100-deg (37C) days.
Jer
Thanks Jer I would be bitching right beside ya - 37 way to hot for me.

QuoteOriginally posted by jpzk Quote
You need a Chinook !

JP
Indeed don't get may here too far North ....

QuoteOriginally posted by Jimbo Quote
Holly cow Batman! I am heading to Radium golfing in three weeks. Hopefully it works out. Crazy. JIM
Thanks Jim we were in Banff on the weekend - much less snow than hear and warmer (except for the Mountain Peaks of course) you might be good to go.