Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
We interrupt our ocean sunrises for a Spring update ....
Lens: DA* 16-50 Camera: K5 Photo Location: Sherwood Park, Alberta 
Posted By: daacon, 03-21-2013, 06:40 PM

These shots were taken .... today - the backyard this morning, the rest just a mere 45 minutes ago - Welcome Spring !

click on image twice for larger view

The rather stoic look on my face is a direct result of this being the second time today I had to shovel and the snow is till falling

The backyad is more prestine but deep snow still

The highest peak we'll call it an even 7 feet.

The top of the sticker on the basketball pole is about my shoulder height

ugg it's not that cold (for us) but today has been brutal with the snow (up to 21cm in some areas). Weekend getaway planned ! (assuming the highways are clear ....)
Views: 1,362
03-21-2013, 06:53 PM   #2

Location: Jessica Lake, Whiteshell Provincial Park, or Winnipeg Manitoba, Canada
Photos: Gallery | Albums
You got me checking the forecast to see if your version of Spring is heading my way (Winnipeg). Thankfully no snow, but our overnight low for tonight is a balmy -23C!
03-21-2013, 07:02 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I have really enjoyed your Mexico vacations photos and then I click on this thread and think "What the Hell, are you serious". This is just not right, you're a tough group of people up that way is all I can say.
03-21-2013, 07:04 PM   #4
Veteran Member

HOLY CRAP!!

I wouldn't wish that on anyone. No. Wait. There are several politicians I would wish it on.

03-21-2013, 08:16 PM   #5
Veteran Member

I don't feel so bad now after seeing your pic daacon. It snowed on and off all day here but was just the spotty lake effect variety.

I have a weather station that logs data continually. I happened to take a look today at the temperature last year.

Today the high temp was 28.8F (-1.8C).........last year for today March 21 was 73.2F (22.9C)
03-21-2013, 08:48 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Oh ya, Dave, I forgot to tell you yesterday that we were sending some snow your way...

Jack
03-22-2013, 05:15 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by bigted Quote
You got me checking the forecast to see if your version of Spring is heading my way (Winnipeg). Thankfully no snow, but our overnight low for tonight is a balmy -23C!
Woah that is a tad chilly for this time of year .....we are suppose to done (snow wise) for a bit at least , let the melting begin !

QuoteOriginally posted by Bob Harris Quote
I have really enjoyed your Mexico vacations photos and then I click on this thread and think "What the Hell, are you serious". This is just not right, you're a tough group of people up that way is all I can say.
Tough or down right stupid haha it's a fine line.

QuoteOriginally posted by gjtoth Quote
HOLY CRAP!!
I wouldn't wish that on anyone. No. Wait. There are several politicians I would wish it on.
It is part of living here for sure - but we are all tired of it this late in the season. To date I have refused to buy a snowblower as I like to shovel (good exercise) , but a few more winters / spring like this I may change my mind.

QuoteOriginally posted by stormtech Quote
I don't feel so bad now after seeing your pic daacon. It snowed on and off all day here but was just the spotty lake effect variety.
I have a weather station that logs data continually. I happened to take a look today at the temperature last year.
Today the high temp was 28.8F (-1.8C).........last year for today March 21 was 73.2F (22.9C)
Thanks stormtech - last year was much nicer / warmer here as well.

QuoteOriginally posted by jbinpg Quote
Oh ya, Dave, I forgot to tell you yesterday that we were sending some snow your way...
Jack
Thanks Jack we all need someone to blame ! It was so bad yesterday they closed a couple of major highways. There was a 100+ car pile up on Highway 2 a major route between Edmonton and Calgary. The yellowhead (Highway 16) had some major accidents as well.

03-22-2013, 05:39 AM   #8
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
QuoteOriginally posted by First Poster Quote
ocean sunrises for a Spring update
Mexico to that...
03-22-2013, 06:54 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Wow! Now that's a lot of snow! If spring hits in a hurry you will a flood. It has snowed every day this week and continues right now, but not with the kind of accumulations you have. Looks like a late spring. TFS
03-22-2013, 06:55 AM   #10
Veteran Member

These images are shocking contrast from your recent vacation to Mexico. I had just looked at photos of your recent trip. Warm sun, blue water and a beer in hand. Today, you are literally buried in snow! Mexico must be looking mighty good right now.
03-22-2013, 07:30 AM   #11
Veteran Member

That is the price you have to pay for all the fun you had in Mexico. Just think, if you came home to balmy skies, glorious sunsets, and skimpily clad girls on the beach, you wouldn't have appreciated it so much.
03-22-2013, 07:33 AM   #12
Pentaxian

This would make me a lot happier, if I wasn't flying out to Edmonton on Tuesday....if you're going to have snow, you may as well have a lot. I'd lend you my snow blower but you're too far away.
03-22-2013, 09:57 AM   #13
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by tessfully Quote
Wow! Now that's a lot of snow! If spring hits in a hurry you will a flood. It has snowed every day this week and continues right now, but not with the kind of accumulations you have. Looks like a late spring. TFS
Yep there will no complaitns from Farmers about lack of moisture in fact I suspect the opposite ! These pics are somewhat artificially inflated as I can only pile the snow on this side while shoveling the driveway still that's a lot of snow !

QuoteOriginally posted by jnguyen Quote
These images are shocking contrast from your recent vacation to Mexico. I had just looked at photos of your recent trip. Warm sun, blue water and a beer in hand. Today, you are literally buried in snow! Mexico must be looking mighty good right now.
Mexico always looks good !

QuoteOriginally posted by slowpez Quote
That is the price you have to pay for all the fun you had in Mexico. Just think, if you came home to balmy skies, glorious sunsets, and skimpily clad girls on the beach, you wouldn't have appreciated it so much.
But why do these stormy days linger while the Mexican Vacation (even the extended one) zoom by ?

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
This would make me a lot happier, if I wasn't flying out to Edmonton on Tuesday....if you're going to have snow, you may as well have a lot. I'd lend you my snow blower but you're too far away.
haha thanks Norm how long you in for ? Maybe we could get together for a pop
03-22-2013, 09:58 AM   #14
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

looks like you've got your snow scowl on dave.... don't blame ya a bit... still no real sign of
spring here either.... ugh.... dave m
03-22-2013, 10:02 AM   #15

Photos: Albums
There's nothing quite like spring in Alberta, is there? Well, except for spring in Saskatchewan and Manitoba, and probably antarctica as well