Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
The Belly of the Beast
Posted By: gjtoth, 03-26-2013, 04:46 PM

AMD Athlon unplugged

Last edited by gjtoth; 03-26-2013 at 05:28 PM.
Views: 748
03-26-2013, 05:00 PM   #2
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Interesting, I don't think I've seen one of these from that close before, no wonder things can go wrong, all those pins.

Great shot.
03-26-2013, 05:28 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by kerrowdown Quote
Interesting, I don't think I've seen one of these from that close before, no wonder things can go wrong, all those pins.

Great shot.
Thanks very much. Most people don't pay a lot attention to it even when they look at it. Just another chip.
03-26-2013, 11:48 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
I remember having to straighten about 20 of those pins once after something was set on top of it. Not fun.

03-27-2013, 03:44 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Frustration ! Nice close up .
03-27-2013, 06:39 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

What a clever idea for a photograph. Super job, Gary.

Jer
03-27-2013, 07:18 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by sebberry Quote
I remember having to straighten about 20 of those pins once after something was set on top of it. Not fun.
QuoteOriginally posted by daacon Quote
Frustration ! Nice close up .
QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
What a clever idea for a photograph. Super job, Gary.

Jer
Thanks very much. I believe I'm getting the hang of the Sigma 105mm. Great lens!

03-27-2013, 07:30 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Delicate and very cool looking.
03-27-2013, 08:49 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by slowpez Quote
Delicate and very cool looking.
Thanks, Susan. I appreciate your input.
03-27-2013, 08:17 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I can tell you why your computer stopped working. Nice close up Gary.
03-28-2013, 05:22 AM   #11
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by leptim Quote
I can tell you why your computer stopped working. Nice close up Gary.
That *particular* computer took a lightning hit. Wasn't mine, though. A friend of mine called one evening after a nasty storm rolled through the area and said his computer wouldn't turn on after a power outage. This guy doesn't believed in precautions. He had no surge/lightning protection and had not been doing back-ups of any sort (even after he'd been bit TWICE by a virus!). We went out computer shopping the next day. To my knowledge, he STILL doesn't do back-ups. Sometimes ya just can't fix stupid.
03-28-2013, 05:56 AM   #12
Veteran Member

He's an idiot. We get very powerful thunderstorms here. Plus our electric company sucks. There are a lot of surges and outages and despite some really good strips and the use of AC we've had issues with our computers and heat, both from the climate and from power surges. A couple of times I think those strips definitely saved our arses computer-wise. I put in some heavy duty fans and I tend to get off during major storms. I unplug the computer and the monitor from the PC. I go use my old compaq laptop for a while and play games or read or something using battery power. I've seen what lightning and power surges can do. I don't want to risk the PC if I can help it. We supposedly have a 10K warranty on that surge bar but I have my doubts that they'd actually honor it. Surge protection it's not a luxury when it comes to electronics. Not around here...
03-28-2013, 07:40 AM   #13
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by magkelly Quote
He's an idiot. We get very powerful thunderstorms here. Plus our electric company sucks. There are a lot of surges and outages and despite some really good strips and the use of AC we've had issues with our computers and heat, both from the climate and from power surges. A couple of times I think those strips definitely saved our arses computer-wise. I put in some heavy duty fans and I tend to get off during major storms. I unplug the computer and the monitor from the PC. I go use my old compaq laptop for a while and play games or read or something using battery power. I've seen what lightning and power surges can do. I don't want to risk the PC if I can help it. We supposedly have a 10K warranty on that surge bar but I have my doubts that they'd actually honor it. Surge protection it's not a luxury when it comes to electronics. Not around here...
Funny thing is this guy is actually VERY intelligent! I think he has more money than common sense, though.