Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
..we say adios to Mexico ....
Lens: DA 12-24 Camera: K5 Photo Location: Puerto Morelos, Mexico 
Posted By: daacon, 03-29-2013, 07:48 AM

Here are a few shots from our last day in the Caribbean. Odds are good we'll be back.

Click on image twice for larger view

#1 Looking down the beach early morning or as others have noted middle of the night - depends on your point of view

#2 The spotlight on the old leaning lighthouse

#3 The new lighthouse and a resturant we ate at (pretty decent food)

#4 A look from the dock

#5 A another view from the end of the dock

#6 The main enterance to the dock from 'downtown'

#7 Canada was well represented here. We never did get the story on why or who put this flag up , but no one took it down.

#8 ...the crew great times ......

Weather is finally breaking here. Still a 'mountain' of snow everywhere. Quick melting at this point will cause more flooding issues - ahhhhh but Spring is coming - I have seen some geese returning !
Views: 1,011
03-29-2013, 07:50 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Great shots, buddy - the night (early morning) photos are very well done. It'd be tough to leave a place like that.

Jer
03-29-2013, 07:54 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Well, you had a great time, took some great photos, got up at some unknown hour of the morning, lifted a few brews and flew back home to tons of snow still on the ground. Does it get any better than that? I have really enjoyed the series and I thank you for posting them.
03-29-2013, 08:23 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Rough life my friend. Well done. JIM

03-29-2013, 08:45 AM   #5
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Jealous! Looks like a great spot and seems you missed the big storms back home last week. Nice series of shots. Cheers.
03-29-2013, 11:04 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Looks like a fun trip. I didn't know Canadians tanned; I thought they just burned. Thanks for sharing.
03-29-2013, 11:42 AM   #7
Den
Veteran Member

Ahh, I can hardly wait till I too visit Mexico again.
The place I'm going to in October (Rancho Banderas) is run by a Canadian company. They fly a flag from Mexico, Canada and the USA. Cervezas for all!!!

03-29-2013, 11:45 AM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I want to be just like you when I grow up. I enjoyed your vacation and thanks for taking us along.
03-29-2013, 12:12 PM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Awesome times, thanks for sharing.
03-29-2013, 12:39 PM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Dave as one adventure ends another begins. Thanks for taking us along and posting some awesome pics...........Cliff
03-29-2013, 03:59 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
Great shots, buddy - the night (early morning) photos are very well done. It'd be tough to leave a place like that.
Jer
Thanks Buddy it was tough indeed especially on Landing ................

QuoteOriginally posted by slowpez Quote
Well, you had a great time, took some great photos, got up at some unknown hour of the morning, lifted a few brews and flew back home to tons of snow still on the ground. Does it get any better than that? I have really enjoyed the series and I thank you for posting them.
Thanks Susan - a few Margarita's in there as well

QuoteOriginally posted by Jimbo Quote
Rough life my friend. Well done. JIM
Thanks Jim , somebodies gotta do it ....

QuoteOriginally posted by Peter Zack Quote
Jealous! Looks like a great spot and seems you missed the big storms back home last week. Nice series of shots. Cheers.
Thanks Peter , greaat to hear from you - yep missed a few but certainly had a few since we have been back ...........

QuoteOriginally posted by kenafein Quote
Looks like a fun trip. I didn't know Canadians tanned; I thought they just burned. Thanks for sharing.
haha thanks kenafein - yeah I am not surprised you thought that - but did you know we also tan in Metric
03-29-2013, 04:02 PM   #12
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Bob Harris Quote
I want to be just like you when I grow up. I enjoyed your vacation and thanks for taking us along.
Thanks Buddy just paying it forward with your adventures

QuoteOriginally posted by crewl1 Quote
Awesome times, thanks for sharing.
Thanks Larry appreciate you stopping by to comment.

QuoteOriginally posted by usn ret Quote
Dave as one adventure ends another begins. Thanks for taking us along and posting some awesome pics...........Cliff
Thanks Cliff - it was my pleasure.

QuoteOriginally posted by Den Quote
Ahh, I can hardly wait till I too visit Mexico again.
The place I'm going to in October (Rancho Banderas) is run by a Canadian company. They fly a flag from Mexico, Canada and the USA. Cervezas for all!!!
Perfect Den looking forward to your pics as well.
03-29-2013, 05:46 PM   #13
Veteran Member

Nice ones. Looks like a great trip. #4 threw me for a while. Why is that tower leaning? Must be a wide angle lens.... but then the rest of the photo didn't look wide angle. #6 solved the riddle - it's really leaning. What's the story behind it? That tower makes those two images the best in my mind, really interesting and a bit mysterious.
03-30-2013, 05:55 AM   #14
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Seems you have had a terrible time down there! Thanks for sharing this pain with us!
03-30-2013, 06:49 AM   #15
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by GeoJerry Quote
Nice ones. Looks like a great trip. #4 threw me for a while. Why is that tower leaning? Must be a wide angle lens.... but then the rest of the photo didn't look wide angle. #6 solved the riddle - it's really leaning. What's the story behind it? That tower makes those two images the best in my mind, really interesting and a bit mysterious.
haha yeah I tend to tilt my horizions 98% of the time however the infamous lighthouse did indeed have a little help. Hurricane Beulah and a couple of others over the years, but it was Beulah that tried to blow her over. The base is very deep so there is no real danger of it tipping over. File:Puerto Morelos Lighthouse 2007.jpg - Wikitravel

QuoteOriginally posted by volley Quote
Seems you have had a terrible time down there! Thanks for sharing this pain with us!
It was rough but hey somebody had to do it Thanks for commenting