Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Misty Sun and Sister Ship
Posted By: Sailor, 03-03-2008, 05:39 PM

More shots from the past weekend. The first is a shot into the sun (and mist) at the marina next to ours. I almost tossed this one (perhaps I should have) but decided to post to see what others might think.

While we were on the bay Saturday, we spotted a sister ship - a Catalina 30 MkIII. While there are plenty of Catalina 30's around, the MkIII's are pretty rare since they were produced in very small numbers (even by sailboat standards) from '95 to around '01. Consequently, we enjoyed seeing and recording what our boat looks like underway - at least in relatively light air.

Jer

Views: 2,045
03-03-2008, 08:17 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
#2 is perfect . love the colors. ahhhh to be on the water. I have been back on dry land 2 days now wahhhaaaaaaaaaaaa
03-04-2008, 05:31 AM   #3
Inactive Account

I like that first shot, it makes me think of sitting in the cool damp of early morning with a steaming cup of coffee warming my hands.

The other two are nice shots and make me wish I sailed....first lens envy...now boat envy..
03-04-2008, 10:44 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
OK Jer you can stop now. First my niece sends me shots of a regatta off Antigua (she lives there) and now I get shots of sailing in the Gulf. If you'd like I can send you shots of melting ice? I really like the first shot, nice mood with the slight mist. And you have a very handsome boat there. And I'm sure you are happy seeing it from afar as it were.

NaCl(it doesn't matter that I'm not sailing yet, it doesn't matter that I'm not sailing yet, it doesn't matter that I'm not sailing yet, it doesn't....)H2O

03-04-2008, 10:46 AM   #5
Veteran Member

I like # 2 Jer, nice pic's
03-04-2008, 05:12 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
I appreciate you comments, guys. As I've mentioned before, it's great to blend two of my favorite hobbies: sailing and photography.

Jer
03-04-2008, 08:14 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Jer, here is another Albertan that looks at your pictures with envy and than out the window at ice and snow........oh yes, nice photos.

Take care, Heinrich