Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

NHL Hockey- from the hole in the boards
Posted By: Tyler, 03-03-2008, 06:26 PM

Went to a season ticket holder appreciation party thing today and luckily was let down right up to the ice and got to shoot through the holes in the boards. I shot a ton, but here are a few I've gotten around to editing. K100D 70-200mm f2.8 ISO1600 run through slight NoiseNinja and resized for web with Pshizzy2 actions. I will say one thing though. The pentax AF just could not track these players very well. The shots I did get were super lucky. Most of them were OOF or focused on the boards behind the player.

let me know what you think,

cheers,
Tyler
Views: 4,590
03-07-2008, 10:12 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by thomasjmpark Quote
Fantastic crisp shots Are they the Chicago red dolphins playin?
Ha Ha good one. The wonders of NHL marketing and logos at its best. No, its the Carolina Hurricanes. A pretty decent team. Worst logo in Hockey though.

BTW, the Chicago red dolphins sounds like a good college/university name for its team.

03-07-2008, 05:17 PM   #17

Very nice......BTW.......can we trade Phillips and Redden to get Corvo back...... Ken.
03-07-2008, 06:15 PM   #18

Luck, schmuck...I think you did really well. Sporting events must be one of the most challenging things to shoot.
03-07-2008, 06:21 PM   #19
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by bbpa103 Quote
Very nice......BTW.......can we trade Phillips and Redden to get Corvo back...... Ken.
heh, yeah right
QuoteOriginally posted by R.ticle One Quote
Luck, schmuck...I think you did really well. Sporting events must be one of the most challenging things to shoot.
thanks!

03-08-2008, 07:31 AM   #20

I have no idea how the lighting is in a hockey rink, bit I have shot in several indoor arena's and I think these are great!
05-19-2008, 06:05 PM   #21

I am a pentax user, and canes fan, and live in Ral area

I have a son that plays hockey in the RYHA league. do you play? I have a k10d with the kit lens. I will be shooting some of his games this summer. He has state games in June, an iron man tournie in June, and an East coast eagles tournie in July. I am renting a couple lenses for the tournaments. Hopefully my wife will let me buy one of the lenses. I hope to do as well as you have on your shots!!!
05-19-2008, 06:26 PM   #22
Forum Member

Great shots! Especially love the stick flex in the last one.