Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Industrial Sunset: Keep Your Cameras Handy, Folks
Posted By: Mike Cash, 03-04-2008, 03:41 AM

Silhouetted chip hopper at a precut lumber mill in Saitama Prefecture along the Kumagaya Bypass. Captured thanks to a cooperative red light and the practice of always having my camera at my elbow.

SMC-A 35-105/3.5

Views: 1,580
03-04-2008, 03:54 AM   #2
Veteran Member

The sky is interesting, like whirls of air abov ethe factory.

Powerful impression at the first sight.
03-04-2008, 07:28 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
interesting industrial building. great angles. At first the electric lines I thought should go but do add to the industrial nature. I carry the camera about 50% of the time on my daily commute and do stop on my 1 hr commute and shoot occassionally.
03-04-2008, 10:26 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Not to upstage you or anything, but here is an industrial scene, by sunrise. I agree, got to be ready for every oportunity.
Hope you dont mind me posting my shot here.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K10D  Photo 
03-05-2008, 12:48 AM   #5
Inactive Account

Great shots guys! Back-lit industrial scenes are usually very dramatic due to all the rigid lines and shapes. My small shipment of film arrived today so I'll load up my ME Super and bring it to work with me. It's nice and compact and the B&W can render some interesting shots.

(PS. Thanks to you Mike for drawing my attention to 'Freestyle Photographic Supplies'. I got a few rolls of that cheap 400 ASA Artista EDU film - and some Velvia for the Yashica Mat 124!)
03-05-2008, 06:12 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I don't mind at all, Bruce. The more the merrier, and that is a very fine shot.

And be sure to let me know how you like that Arista EDU film. I have yet to order any of it for myself but do plan to sometime this year. Velvia is addictive; don't say nobody warned you.
03-05-2008, 06:30 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Great shot Mike, I love the rendering of that lens. I've just loaded up my first roll of Velvia on my Super Program:-).My first roll of Acros is in being processed now but I'm not sure how much more true B&W film I'll shoot, it's taking 10 days to get it developed!

03-05-2008, 06:44 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Well done Mike and Bruce - I agree I was driving back from the airport yesterday morning and the sunrise was spectacular - unfortunately that memory will remain in my mind.
03-06-2008, 02:07 AM   #9
Pentaxian

"more the merrier"

Wherever we are in the world we see similar scenes and have similar responses:

This port scene is at a wood chipping terminal in NZ loading ships which off load in Japan.
03-06-2008, 02:25 AM   #10
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Great shots all. I really like the sky in your Mike against the harsh outline of the complex. As you know I drive about 120K per year and my passenger's name is Pentax everyday. Been late for my fair share of appiontments!!
03-06-2008, 02:32 AM   #11
Veteran Member

Nice silhouette Mike and the clouds draw the eye. Those other photos are great too guys. Unlike some of you I need to get ino the habit of carrying around my camera a lot more as a matter of course.

Paul