Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

What do I do today? (Warning ...16 uninspiring images)
Posted By: daacon, 04-06-2013, 04:03 PM

Good gawd we are all so over this climate ....it happens most every year some better than others, this one just seems particularly long and harsh. Ball season suppose to start in two weeks, there is little to no chance of that. So instead of moping around or going out and spending money, I slapped on the Sigma 105 (all bit the first two) and 'shot local'. So here's a slice of my life today anyway ........

Click on image twice for larger view

First off you gotta start with some Java ....

Next we take a low level shot of last night's snow with a little creative license on the processing

Then I said the heck with it it's time to go out and look for early spring signs ..

Lovely benches to sit on and reflect ....in about 3 weeks from now ......

First sign of new growth ha !

We do have some new arrivals they seem as annoyed as the rest of us

Bulrushes still a tad frozen

Now we find some holy wood

Ice patterns ....

Nice toy but someone is jumping the gun a bit prepping this beauty ......

New growth again !

Got home as soon as I opened the door I could smell the sweetness ......

Ended the afternoon showing everyone I love my XATNEP

Really did you make it this far
Views: 2,456
04-07-2013, 09:07 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Bob Harris Quote
of course I made it that far, I could smell the chocolate chip cookies. Enjoyable series to view from afar, when is that white stuff going to go away, that is ridiculous Dave.
haha I knew you would The cookies where good. The white stuff still falling today a bit - going to spend some time in 'retail shops' methinks to get out of the house today.

QuoteOriginally posted by Jacquot Quote
Migrating geese, cookies and new growth--what more could you ask for? Pretty inspiring...
You got a point ! But my list is long

QuoteOriginally posted by paulh Quote
Congrats on making the most out of what you have at the moment! Love the Canada geese & the cookies
Thanks Paulh it broke up the day a bit.

QuoteOriginally posted by Ex Finn. Quote
Coffee and cookies, I am in, nice shots BTW.
A winning combo for sure.

04-07-2013, 09:10 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by vievetrick Quote
Good stuff Dave. Hope warm weather is in the way soon
Thanks Pat that makes about 3 million of us !

QuoteOriginally posted by GeoJerry Quote
Just got back from a nice walk to the beach in my t-shirt and..... hey I feel for ya!
#7 is fantastic, a wall hanger. #2 is cool too and sums up the series nicely.
Thanks Jerry yeah soon I'll be in the mountains though ! (Damn you have those as well) ...

QuoteOriginally posted by russell2pi Quote
Nice - I'm not averse to boasting about barbecuing in rain, hail or sleet, but I am yet to do it in snow !
haha thanks russell - we had BBQ steaks last night in fact.

QuoteOriginally posted by crewl1 Quote
You all are tougher than I.
Hoping for some Spring weather soon for ya.
PS. Send cookies
Thanks Larry - me too !
04-07-2013, 09:13 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by scratchpaddy Quote
I 'd at the literal "sign of spring." Looks like you found it!
I'll be the one posting pics of the microwave and my head in the freezer six months from now when it's still 120° outside. I just looked at the local weather, and they're forecasting dust storms for Monday.
I know you're sick of seeing all that white stuff, but it still looks beautiful to the ones who have never had to deal with it. Hang in there!
haha glad you caught that - one of my favorites - Given the choice between 120F and -20C I'll take the later ........

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
I'm with you on the long winter thing....March Madness ends monday night, it's all that's kept me sane the last few weeks. We could really use a few warm days.
Thanks Norm I follow that as well - great games on the weekend - final tomorrow.

QuoteOriginally posted by Reliant K1000 Quote
There isn't a shot I don't like here...you tell a story with these images, and I liked it.
Thanks Reliant appreciate the kind words.

QuoteOriginally posted by eaglem Quote
Interesting run of shots, well spotted and well taken.
Thanks EM !
04-07-2013, 09:14 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by kerrowdown Quote
Does the second image have anything to do with aircraft toilet disposals?
No outdoor facilities here I am afraid

QuoteOriginally posted by slowpez Quote
I was awfully depressed until I got to the cookies. May I have a dozen or so please?
Thanks Suan you could but there's hardly any left

04-07-2013, 10:01 AM   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Don't worry Dave, Spring will come! It did not look like here as well - but today turned out to be a beautifull day! At least you have coolkies until it happens:-)
04-07-2013, 11:10 AM   #21
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Dave.... this is a super set!!! I love your inspired uninspired series... every one of those (except the last) could have been taken here. Well seen and technically super duper!!
04-07-2013, 11:50 AM   #22
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Buddy, I think this a great series - seeing and isolating every day scenes to show them in a new way. Cool stuff.

I think Xatnep is Klingon for gray hair - I see the same word when I point my camera at a mirror.

Jer

04-07-2013, 05:18 PM   #23
Veteran Member

Nice series, Dave. Gotta love the coffee & cookies. Looks like I will have to pick up a new XATNEP seeing as how it now comes in the 5-K model.
04-07-2013, 05:25 PM   #24

Right on! I enjoyed that and I know just how you feel.

Last edited by carcrazy; 04-07-2013 at 05:31 PM.
04-08-2013, 04:29 AM   #25
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by volley Quote
Don't worry Dave, Spring will come! It did not look like here as well - but today turned out to be a beautifull day! At least you have coolkies until it happens:-)
haha thanks volley - yes it will come let's just hope it's before summer ! about those cookies ....not many left now

QuoteOriginally posted by tessfully Quote
Dave.... this is a super set!!! I love your inspired uninspired series... every one of those (except the last) could have been taken here. Well seen and technically super duper!!
Why thank you Tess - appreciate the encouraging words .....

QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
Buddy, I think this a great series - seeing and isolating every day scenes to show them in a new way. Cool stuff.
I think Xatnep is Klingon for gray hair - I see the same word when I point my camera at a mirror.
Jer
Thanks Jer - haha I believe you are correct. Was awfully close to taking the razor to my head last week, I think it's gonna happen this summer at some point.

QuoteOriginally posted by cardinal43 Quote
Nice series, Dave. Gotta love the coffee & cookies. Looks like I will have to pick up a new XATNEP seeing as how it now comes in the 5-K model.
haha thanks Tom ! Indeed a new one (at least) in the works and there is even a ii 5-k now !

QuoteOriginally posted by carcrazy Quote
Right on! I enjoyed that and I know just how you feel.
Thanks carcrazy - indeed the prairies have suffered a abnormally long 'winter' this year ..
04-08-2013, 05:34 AM   #26
MSL
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It was fine until I got to the last image - you need to find a better model
04-08-2013, 05:59 AM   #27
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MSL Quote
It was fine until I got to the last image - you need to find a better model
haha I am afraid even Photoshop CS6 is not powerful enough to help that poor fellow - at least he hid his face with the pretty 5-K
04-08-2013, 06:30 AM   #28
Veteran Member

Nice series and story line. For some reason I like your blue snow for a blue day.

I feel your pain. Those glorious spring days were almost a month late getting here this year and most likely it will turn hot way too quick.
04-09-2013, 08:03 AM   #29
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Colbyt Quote
Nice series and story line. For some reason I like your blue snow for a blue day.
I feel your pain. Those glorious spring days were almost a month late getting here this year and most likely it will turn hot way too quick.
Thanks Colbyt - can't believe the number of comments on what I figured were 'time killer' shots. Appreciate you taking the time to comment.
04-09-2013, 06:48 PM   #30
Pentaxian

I like 'em all! Something different.....Thanks!

Noticed the coffee pot is marked in millilitres....interesting. First time I've ever seen that.