Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
The Amazing Crocus
Lens: Tamron 90 2.8 macro + Pentax 1.7 TC Camera: K-5 Photo Location: garden ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: 1/90s Aperture: F8 
Posted By: tessfully, 04-07-2013, 07:25 AM

Corners of my gardens are free of snow and one very small, yet to open crocus bravely waits for the freezing rain to cease. A few shots from yesterday. I used the 1.7x converter on my Tamron 90. I like the first three for their dreamy quality.

thanks for looking
Views: 593
04-07-2013, 07:43 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Hard to capture colours but you done so very well.
04-07-2013, 08:46 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Very dreamy look in the first few - a sure sign of spring now let's get Mother Nature to change the weather as well.
04-07-2013, 11:04 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by eaglem Quote
Hard to capture colours but you done so very well.
Thanks eaglem!

QuoteOriginally posted by daacon Quote
Very dreamy look in the first few - a sure sign of spring now let's get Mother Nature to change the weather as well.
Thanks Dave... another week where 15 or so centimetres of snow is forecast. But, the snow is melting and there are signs of spring, such as really deep muck the dogs love to play in...

My little crocus provided a lot of hope and photographic pleasure!

04-07-2013, 11:52 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Cool stuff, tess. I like the contrast of the more ethereal shots and the razor sharp ones that complete the series.

Jer
04-07-2013, 12:44 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

very nice captures Tess, beautiful color and clarity. This must be a sign that spring has arrived and no more snow days for you.
04-07-2013, 03:19 PM   #7
PEG Gallery Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Hielands o' Scootlund....... Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand................William Blake
QuoteOriginally posted by First Poster Quote
The Amazing Crocus
I always find these and bluebells really difficult to get the colour just right, but these images just look spot on to me, well done.
04-07-2013, 03:39 PM   #8
Pentaxian

Very nice captures. Well done.

04-08-2013, 04:08 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
Cool stuff, tess. I like the contrast of the more ethereal shots and the razor sharp ones that complete the series.

Jer
Thanks Jer!

QuoteOriginally posted by Bob Harris Quote
very nice captures Tess, beautiful color and clarity. This must be a sign that spring has arrived and no more snow days for you.
I wish Bob... 15 cm. forecast for Wed. But there is not doubt that spring in-full will get here.

QuoteOriginally posted by kerrowdown Quote
I always find these and bluebells really difficult to get the colour just right, but these images just look spot on to me, well done.
Thank you Kerrowdown.......

QuoteOriginally posted by bluestringer Quote
Very nice captures. Well done.
Thank you bluestringer!
04-08-2013, 06:45 AM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

What a lovely little thing Tess. I imagine you will be waiting with camera in hand for it to open. There is nothing better than a crocus to announce spring is here.
04-08-2013, 07:26 AM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

These are wonderful, Tess! I never see these around here. The tulips and irises at work are just beginning to pop up.

I love the first shot, it really does have a very dreamy feel! All shots have such beautiful color! Every time I see you post photos from the Tammy 90, I want one. But then I remember I am not you and likely would not get such awesome results! Thanks so much for sharing these!!
04-10-2013, 06:04 AM   #12
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by slowpez Quote
What a lovely little thing Tess. I imagine you will be waiting with camera in hand for it to open. There is nothing better than a crocus to announce spring is here.
Thank you Susan. I have been watching and it still isn't open. No sun and still cold at night.

QuoteOriginally posted by loco Quote
These are wonderful, Tess! I never see these around here. The tulips and irises at work are just beginning to pop up.

I love the first shot, it really does have a very dreamy feel! All shots have such beautiful color! Every time I see you post photos from the Tammy 90, I want one. But then I remember I am not you and likely would not get such awesome results! Thanks so much for sharing these!!
Thank you Lori. I use the Tammy so often it has become second nature for me. What I have discovered is that the Pentzx 1.7x converter works amazing on the Tamron...better than amazing, it produces unique and spectacular results in my view. The dreamy shots of the crocus were taken with the converter on the 90. It is great to be able to shoot the same subjects over and over again with different results depending on the lens and settings.
04-10-2013, 06:31 AM   #13
SJM
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
I so like purple. nice shots Tess.
Sue