Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Family Photos Alert : Easter Weekend with my Son
Lens: Pentax FA 50mm f/1.7 Camera: K-5 Photo Location: South Algonquin, Ontario 
Posted By: tessfully, 04-08-2013, 05:10 AM

Norman went to Alberta to visit his grandson and my son came up from Niagara Falls to visit me. We had a great time. Here is a photo journal of our weekend.

This is my son Rick. He is 29 and works in IT for the Provincial Government. He grew up in the country and canoed since he was born, but turned into a total city guy.

We went for many dog walks...

...received many dog kisses (I got Dreamer when Rick was15... they were inseparable till Rick left for University.)

Misty had a "thing" for Rick.

We decided instead of Turkey we'd make 2 home-made lasagnes so he could take one home.

The goods...

Prep

While the sauce cooked we played with the dogs...

Back to the kitchen, shredding cheese, cooking noodles...

Ready for the Oven

Voila

Time to eat

Time to say goodbye

Views: 1,073
04-08-2013, 06:06 AM   #2
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by First Poster Quote
Voila
A great record of the weekend, certainly looks like the dogs had fun too.

This B&W image for me is the most memorable and sticks in my mind for it's almost ghost like qualities, a cracking image, I'd be very pleased if it were mine, well done.
04-08-2013, 06:26 AM   #3
Veteran Member

I agree on the B&W Tess. Great looking young man too. The lasagne looks great but I'm a little concerned about putting cheddar cheese in it. The Italians are probably turning in their graves about now.
04-08-2013, 06:35 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Damn that food looks awesome. Nice pixs Tess. Looks like to was a fun weekend. JIM

04-08-2013, 06:35 AM   #5
Den
Veteran Member

What? Your son is 29? But you only look to be about 35 Tess. How is this possible?
TFS
04-08-2013, 07:07 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Great series wow - looks like a grand time with family. And that Lasagna looks sooooooo good. Thanks for sharing !
04-08-2013, 08:23 AM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Thanks for sharing, Tess!

04-08-2013, 09:07 AM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

A very special time for Mom and Son, thank you for sharing the love.
04-09-2013, 07:54 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by kerrowdown Quote
A great record of the weekend, certainly looks like the dogs had fun too.

This B&W image for me is the most memorable and sticks in my mind for it's almost ghost like qualities, a cracking image, I'd be very pleased if it were mine, well done.
Thanks Kerrowdown! The black and white was an accident that turned out kinda cool.

QuoteOriginally posted by slowpez Quote
I agree on the B&W Tess. Great looking young man too. The lasagne looks great but I'm a little concerned about putting cheddar cheese in it. The Italians are probably turning in their graves about now.
Thank you Susan! Re: Cheddar... I have had plenty of lectures about it, but I just agree and say good thing this is a Johnston lasagne!!

QuoteOriginally posted by Jimbo Quote
Damn that food looks awesome. Nice pixs Tess. Looks like to was a fun weekend. JIM
Thanks so much for having a look Jim!

QuoteOriginally posted by Den Quote
What? Your son is 29? But you only look to be about 35 Tess. How is this possible?
TFS
I wish! That would mean I could do a few things differently... Thanks for the nice comment!

QuoteOriginally posted by daacon Quote
Great series wow - looks like a grand time with family. And that Lasagna looks sooooooo good. Thanks for sharing !
It was pretty good lasagna if you're not on a diet. Thanks for having a look Dave
QuoteOriginally posted by Canada_Rockies Quote
Thanks for sharing, Tess!
QuoteOriginally posted by Bob Harris Quote
A very special time for Mom and Son, thank you for sharing the love.
It was very special Bob. Thank you for the nice comment.
04-09-2013, 01:50 PM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

A fun series, Tess. I love visits with my Daughter who currently (along with her husband) is a postdoc at Stanford and lives in Mountain View, CA. She was with us for a short visit last week, and I always miss her when she returns to CA. We also enjoy our visits to her neck of the woods (I love the people in the Bay Area), but that will soon change. She just accepted a tenure-track assistant professorship state university in Massachusetts, so we'll be making frequent visits to the other side of the country henceforth. My wife and I lived in the Boston area during the early '70s, so we know our way around New England.

Jer
04-10-2013, 04:24 AM   #11
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Jer that is just wonderful! Sounds like you are as proud of your daughter as I am of my son I went though my postdoc so I know how tough it is and how few tenure-track jobs there are, and even when one comes up the competition is a killer. Your daughter must be very bright and dedicated. Thank you for sharing!
04-10-2013, 05:09 AM   #12
Veteran Member

Nice for family reunion sad time for the pouches TFS

cheers
04-10-2013, 07:47 AM   #13
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
A fun series, Tess. I love visits with my Daughter who currently (along with her husband) is a postdoc at Stanford and lives in Mountain View, CA. She was with us for a short visit last week, and I always miss her when she returns to CA. We also enjoy our visits to her neck of the woods (I love the people in the Bay Area), but that will soon change. She just accepted a tenure-track assistant professorship state university in Massachusetts, so we'll be making frequent visits to the other side of the country henceforth. My wife and I lived in the Boston area during the early '70s, so we know our way around New England.

Jer
Great! I know exactly how it feels to have a daughter how is in the education/tenure track. She made it a few years back. Talk about a Daddy's high!