Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
My Fearless Non-Entry :)
Posted By: Tonto, 04-10-2013, 09:30 PM

As stated in the other thread I missed the awesome contest for the DA*16-50 but oh well why not post anyway!

I just realised I actually haven't posted a photo before! I still don't know how to upload the images into the post all I can manage is attachments, oh well here goes.

I won't go into the blurb as I don't need to but will just talk about the photos in general and why they are 'Fearless' in my eyes.

#1 Wet Duck

Pretty typical photo of a subject which is often ones first wildlife subject. But this one was different as it was lightly raining and lots of people feeding the ducks under Umbrellas while I stroll out put my coat on the muddy ground and lie face down on it. Most of the adults look on in horror, most of the children look on in wonder. But I don't wan't to miss this duck before the water is disturbed by others of its kin besides the 'plinking' of rain on the ponds surface. Shot with no concern with my new DAL 55-300 at the time on my K7.

#2 Wet Day in Town

A pretty horrid grey and dismal day with constant relentless heavy drizzle. The hum of Sydney doesn't hold for the weather. But amongst the suits, the concrete and the asphalt is humor, colour and lights. This from memory was my first street shoot of sorts, I just had to get that wet little dog! Shot again on my K7 but this time with my Sigma 17-70, I had to jog a few steps into the crossing to get the shot. No rain cover as usual - She'll be right!

#3 Acoustic Rock

Caught Shihad at the Metro in Sydney as a last minute thing, found out they were in town same day so shot in after work and all I had was my Pentax Q and Prime 01. YES I was that close, right in the pit! I normally wear a business shirt and tie so off they came, you don't watch Shihad in your clean pressed shirt! I got plenty more shots but this was my pick. It was an acoustic set of 'Run' if you know the song which the lead singer dedicated to his Father who recently passed away. I had to stride forward toward the front rail as I was more to right of stage reaching up just above the front row of people. So keen to get a nice longer lens such as the 06 Zoom or maybe my FA31 on the K adapter

Attached Images

Views: 996
04-11-2013, 02:57 AM   #2
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I like the second image, it's got a really grainy, gutsy, street photography kinda feel about.

That's a typical summers day shot here in Scotland.
04-11-2013, 04:02 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Nice series . the last one is my favorite.
04-11-2013, 03:24 PM   #4

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I also really like that second shot - it's got a very nice feel about it.

04-11-2013, 03:49 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The second one is my favorite also. I congratulate you on getting down on the ground for the first shot. I tried that once and my husband had to rent a crane to get me upright again.
04-11-2013, 03:49 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I like the potential of the first shot Carl.A bit more crisp and sharp and the whole duck showing would make that a killer shot at least in my book.--charliezap
04-11-2013, 06:02 PM   #7
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by charliezap Quote
I like the potential of the first shot Carl.A bit more crisp and sharp and the whole duck showing would make that a killer shot at least in my book.--charliezap
I actually tried it sharper but the circular pattern in the feathers was too distracting with the monochrome-like conversion. I may revisit it at another time.

Thanks all for you kind comments.