Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
At attempt at fake HDR and emulating "The Dave Hill Effect"
Posted By: lastdodobird, 03-05-2008, 04:43 PM

I wasn't sure exactly if I should post this here or in the Post-Processing sub-forum, but I was thinking that the thread was mainly to share the photos and get some comments and suggestions, which is I why I decided to post the thread here instead.

The photos below mainly follow the technique found in the link below (with minor changes done depending on what the photo needed):

Dave Hill Tutorial limeliteimages

Anywhere here are my shares:

Last edited by lastdodobird; 03-05-2008 at 06:47 PM.
Views: 5,249
03-05-2008, 06:45 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I looked up the Dave Hill page; you did capture the technique. It looks like on his and your pictures the technique works better on people to make them cartoon-like. I think for some fun pictures with some friends or family this technique would be okay to include for some laughs but I would not do on a regular basis.

Thanks for posting and showing something creative that I had not seen before.
03-05-2008, 06:51 PM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by weatherwise2 Quote
I looked up the Dave Hill page; you did capture the technique. It looks like on his and your pictures the technique works better on people to make them cartoon-like. I think for some fun pictures with some friends or family this technique would be okay to include for some laughs but I would not do on a regular basis.

Thanks for posting and showing something creative that I had not seen before.
No problem weatherwise2; and I totally agree... I would not do this on a regular basis either. It's just a technique that's nice to know and pull out once in a while when the opportunity presents itself.