Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Hip Kitty Lady's Night
Lens: SMC Pentax 50mm f1.4 Camera: Pentax K-7 Photo Location: Hip Kitty Jazz and Fondue lounge ISO: 1600 Shutter Speed: 1/20s Aperture: F4 
Posted By: northofpolaris, 04-12-2013, 10:59 PM

This place had very, very little light and it was quite a challenge trying to strike a balance between the shutter speed, aperture and ISO. The K-7 in particular didn't quite like it. On top of that, they had multi-colored strobe lights and it sometimes produced interesting effects and other times it just looked awful I tried to give this one a more painted kind of look with the different settings and I decided to go B&W so I could cut the worry out over the coloring and focus on getting the exposure and contrast to look proper. And, out of everything, the Macbook refused to tone down and match its surroundings so it stands out... a lot... and it looks like a bad ad haha. I tried to fix it in photoshop with the burn tool, paint tool and whatever else I could think of but it just didn't work. The ghost of Steve Jobs wouldn't allow it.

Attached Images

Views: 663
04-13-2013, 03:36 AM   #2
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by First Poster Quote
Macbook refused to tone down
It's there to bring even more class to the image.

Difficult subject matter, I think you've done well with it.