Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
  #1
A few (not so) Grand Shots
Lens: DA 12-24 / DA* 60-250 Camera: K5 Photo Location: Sherwood Park, Alberta 
Posted By: daacon, 04-13-2013, 01:07 PM

Norm (normhead) called me a whiner( rightfully so) as on our sister forum I posted a few stormy shots from this mornings weather. I have whined a few times here as well , really late spring this year. Norm suggested I go take some pictures of 'something grand' so I did indeed stop my whining for a little bit and went out to brave the elements and take a little walk about. This is a s
"grand" as it gets today

The last 4 were taken with the DA* 60-250 not your traditional Landscape lens but an excellent lens in terms of performance and sharpness.

Click on image twice for larger view

#1 A little creek not so far from my door


#2 Same creek different angle


3 Down to the wetlands , which is maybe 2 kilometers away. I just liked the way the next ones looked. Winter does have it's beauty without a doubt (just I've seen enough of that beauty for the next 6 months I hope )







Views: 648
04-13-2013, 02:08 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Bob Harris's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Canon City, Colorado
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 18,473
I don't think you were whining at all Dave, it is warm inside and not hazardous slipping on ice and breaking a leg. All nice captures, but you have been through enough and I hope that white stuff melts so that you can enjoy whatever is left of spring.
04-13-2013, 02:55 PM   #3
Pentaxian
AussieTrev's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Queensland
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,545
Love the shots, puts your weather in perspective. Cold, but beautiful. Stay warm till spring arrives.
04-13-2013, 05:07 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
patrick9's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Murfreesboro Tennessee
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,457
Nice shots Dave. I really really like the last one

04-13-2013, 05:09 PM   #5
Pentaxian
Colorado CJ's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Colorado
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,346
Looks like winter is hanging on there! Hope you see some sunshine soon.

We are expected to get snow for the next 4 days, we REALLY need the moisture, but I'm ready for summer.
04-14-2013, 04:55 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
daacon's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Alberta,Canada
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 20,835
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Bob Harris Quote
I don't think you were whining at all Dave, it is warm inside and not hazardous slipping on ice and breaking a leg. All nice captures, but you have been through enough and I hope that white stuff melts so that you can enjoy whatever is left of spring.
Thanks Bob - well we can't do much about it except complain. Another weekend shot - but there always another one coming up

QuoteOriginally posted by AussieTrev Quote
Love the shots, puts your weather in perspective. Cold, but beautiful. Stay warm till spring arrives.
Thanks Trev - it was not cold by our standards - but not average by any means, I think it was around 1C where the 'normal' temps this time of year should be around 11C

QuoteOriginally posted by patrick9 Quote
Nice shots Dave. I really really like the last one
Thanks patrick9 appreciate you commenting.

QuoteOriginally posted by Colorado CJ Quote
Looks like winter is hanging on there! Hope you see some sunshine soon.
We are expected to get snow for the next 4 days, we REALLY need the moisture, but I'm ready for summer.
Thanks CJ we did not get as much as predicted (20cm) not sure what today's hold. One can hope.
04-14-2013, 05:53 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Sailor's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Coastal Texas
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 20,270
Well, you may be a bit chilly, Dave - but you got some great late winter photos!

Jer
04-14-2013, 05:56 AM   #8
Veteran Member
Schmidlapper's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Pennsylvania
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 533
Bev Doolittle comes immediately to mind looking at this set, nothing wrong with that though. They are all interesting.

04-14-2013, 06:10 AM   #9
Moderator PEG Judges
Loyal Site Supporter
Kerrowdown's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Highlands of Scotland.
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 39,226
QuoteOriginally posted by First Poster Quote
A few (not so) Grand Shots
I'm preferring your beach shots, even the ones from the middle of the night, compared to this cold series.
04-14-2013, 07:15 AM   #10
Pentaxian
slowpez's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: South Carolina, USA
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 17,861
Go ahead and whine Dave. You guys in the frozen north deserve a little self-pity. I don't blame you a bit. Lovely series of images though. I especially like #2, 5 and 6.
04-15-2013, 04:37 AM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
daacon's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Alberta,Canada
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 20,835
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
Well, you may be a bit chilly, Dave - but you got some great late winter photos!
Jer
Thanks Jer - just the hands were a little cold - rest of me was toasty warm.

QuoteOriginally posted by Schmidlapper Quote
Bev Doolittle comes immediately to mind looking at this set, nothing wrong with that though. They are all interesting.
Thanks I had to google that name - kind words indeed.

QuoteOriginally posted by kerrowdown Quote
I'm preferring your beach shots, even the ones from the middle of the night, compared to this cold series.
Thanks kerrowdown - me too but now I am a good 1000 miles from an ocean.

QuoteOriginally posted by slowpez Quote
Go ahead and whine Dave. You guys in the frozen north deserve a little self-pity. I don't blame you a bit. Lovely series of images though. I especially like #2, 5 and 6.
haha thanks Susan - it's a ritual for sure.
04-15-2013, 04:46 AM   #12
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
charliezap's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: saugus ma
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 8,338
Nice "cool" shots Dave.I'm nursing a warm cup of coffee to counter the effects.--charliezap
04-15-2013, 05:54 AM   #13
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
OrchidJulie's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Magic City
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,286
We could use a little -- and I mean a little! -- of that cool air here, it's unseasonably steamy in Miami just now. I'm pretending that I feel a cool breeze from your images!
04-15-2013, 06:11 AM   #14
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
dadipentak's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Baltimore, Maryland
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 11,205
You've got a right to sing the blues, Dave.
04-16-2013, 05:27 AM   #15
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
daacon's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Alberta,Canada
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 20,835
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by charliezap Quote
Nice "cool" shots Dave.I'm nursing a warm cup of coffee to counter the effects.--charliezap
Thanks Charlie - mornings and coffee go together well.

QuoteOriginally posted by OrchidJulie Quote
We could use a little -- and I mean a little! -- of that cool air here, it's unseasonably steamy in Miami just now. I'm pretending that I feel a cool breeze from your images!
haha careful what you wish for Julie - I'll trrade ya a little warm for a little cool .....

QuoteOriginally posted by dadipentak Quote
You've got a right to sing the blues, Dave.
Thanks but you have obviously not heard me sing.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
beauty, camera, creek, lens, norm, photo, shots
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Misc A few airport shots newmikey Post Your Photos! 4 10-07-2012 05:11 AM
Landscape A Few RAPE Shots. deaning Post Your Photos! 11 09-09-2012 11:29 PM
Nature a few garden shots... dcmsox2004 Post Your Photos! 5 08-23-2012 07:07 AM
Landscape A few from the Grand Canyon HawaiianOnline Post Your Photos! 2 10-17-2010 07:46 PM
Some not so common Zoo shots (10 images) pcarfan Post Your Photos! 49 09-07-2009 02:55 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:24 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top