Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

Hot girl with k20d
Posted By: roentarre, 03-07-2008, 11:58 PM

A quick round of shoots with Fa 43 ltd today. K20d is striking with details and colour. No more yellow cast and much better dynamic range comparing to k10d. It is in deed a sweet camera!

Francisca is also a fan of pentax camera too. Then I had to leave canon gear to one side to please her ...

Fa 43 ltd

Fa 31 ltd

Happy snapping!
Views: 5,501
03-08-2008, 10:12 PM   #31
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Fl_Gulfer Quote
Nice work, looks a little soft but it fits the location.
Thanks to the pier that the background gets the desaturated look to it. I preferred blurred backgrounds most of the time but not all shots worked well.

p.s. still in the process of fine adjusting the AF

QuoteOriginally posted by channeler Quote
Beautiful shots of a beautiful woman James. Great compositions and colours.

Paul
Thank you, Paul. I should spend more time but I felt tired after just 20 minutes. Then I headed to a lebanese restaurant for dinner that night. To my surprise, a beautiful lebanese dancer with bare tommy was shaking her body all over to all the patrons at the restaurant. Among the table, there was this group of Catholic nuns and priests...

QuoteOriginally posted by daacon Quote
Well done James - I have decided to quit my day job and be your lighting boy, Sherpa, side kick, whatever it takes to closer to a 3d image of those you posted. I may be looking at a K20D - will wait a bit , told myself I would not get caught in the upgrade path , I may have lied. Excellent series.
I know shit about lighting. Still trying to learn the craft. So definitely stay on the job!

I am in medical field and trying to make a living too. Hopefully I can succeed in that field since there is no ways I can make a living in photography. Just too hard...

K20d is a great camera and it is all in the image quality. Not a subtle difference in colour reproduction and low noise performance. JPEGS really rocks!

QuoteOriginally posted by Bramela Quote
Gulfer says "looks a little soft". I agree ...... soft and beautiful, and photogenic and attractive and....and....... and...

Well done, I like them all. Do agree with comment on lampost incidently.

03-08-2008, 10:20 PM   #32
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
James,

It is nice to see that you took my advice and believed me when I told you that the images I was privy to before the K20D was annouced was something you would not be disappointed in. I liked your response to me back then and I am glad you listened .

The young lady is most attractive... feel free to pass that along...

My personal favorite by far is image three.

Interesting but challenging lighting conditions.... but watch your horizon lines. While they can be an artistic touch... they can also serve to unbalance an otherwise wonderful shot.

Keep posting

Stephen
03-08-2008, 11:13 PM   #33
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I love these pics. Nice lighting, great lenses, fantastic camera, and of course, a beautiful model. If I hadn't already picked up my K20 this would certainly push my over the edge. Now if I could just find models as lovely as this I would be set. Thanks for posting.
03-09-2008, 04:14 AM   #34
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by borno Quote
Very nice James There is something I really like about the second one, They are all really good though
Maybe it is the spontaneous pose. I thought there was something I could not pin it down. Thanks for looking

QuoteOriginally posted by Bramela Quote
Gulfer says "looks a little soft". I agree ...... soft and beautiful, and photogenic and attractive and....and....... and...

Well done, I like them all. Do agree with comment on lampost incidently.
I tried to get rid of the post in the end. Initially I thought the post does work fading out in the background. Will see how the future processing goes. I might rid off all the posts.

QuoteOriginally posted by HowLowCanYaGo Quote
Decent series. Nice subject. Other than the overcasty day you've done wonderfully.

I'll keep in mind that posting such words as "HOT," "girl," "female" make threads that much more popular around here...
I had spent a few months reading on link development and could not let go the habit of getting important search key words ...

Overcast sky works great on protrait. What I dislike the most is the full Aussie sun that will really test the dynamic range of the camera. Most models turn out to have panda eyes...

QuoteOriginally posted by joele Quote
love the first and last shots..

I'll come along next time for her ;-)

P.S. I think the overcast day helped, as it really isolates her even more.. Let alone the soft natural lighting..
Yes, I know you are busy with the house job. Would definitely call you next time around. It has been fun.

You are right about the overcast weather. A dream to come true since it was originally forecasted as sunny with scorching heat!

QuoteOriginally posted by Heinrich Lohmann Quote
Besides it being a very pretty girl these are good photographs, thanks for posting them.
In the last one I would clone out the two light poles.

Heinrich
Will do without haste. You are the 4th person mentioning it

03-09-2008, 04:22 AM   #35
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Igilligan Quote
Wow, a tough life you got there... If I get me a 43 and a 31 ltd, will I have models like this????
Just some fun once in a while. As I mentioned before, it is all about comibing pleasure with your best camera gear. It is enjoyment.

Thanks for browsing through

QuoteOriginally posted by SCGushue Quote
James,

It is nice to see that you took my advice and believed me when I told you that the images I was privy to before the K20D was annouced was something you would not be disappointed in. I liked your response to me back then and I am glad you listened .

The young lady is most attractive... feel free to pass that along...

My personal favorite by far is image three.

Interesting but challenging lighting conditions.... but watch your horizon lines. While they can be an artistic touch... they can also serve to unbalance an otherwise wonderful shot.

Keep posting

Stephen
Stephen, I was almost fired up by the continuous series of threads wooing the k20d. I guess it is kind of believable when some of the people are familiar names in the forum.

Well, I was adamant not to get a k20d. Instead, I was waiting on Da* 200 and 55 instead.

But Davemsn's test shot on his model really got me going. Incredible details on that model with skin pores visisble on 100% crop!

Still enjoying pentax gear

QuoteOriginally posted by davemdsn Quote
I love these pics. Nice lighting, great lenses, fantastic camera, and of course, a beautiful model. If I hadn't already picked up my K20 this would certainly push my over the edge. Now if I could just find models as lovely as this I would be set. Thanks for posting.
My laptop is crashed again and I could not process the rest of the shots taken on the day. I have to wait til it is fixed.

Two more shots before the computer crashed

03-09-2008, 06:08 AM   #36
Veteran Member

Thank you for sharing these professional photos, great examples for us amateurs, hope to be able approach something like that in future... The lighting and subject separation is really awesome!
03-09-2008, 12:19 PM   #37
Inactive Account

James, I was not completely convinced by early posts either. I bought the camera because I knew that the only way to really see it's capabilities was to get it in my hands and shoot what I shoot with it. My local camera shop has a good return policy so if I wasn't convinced after shooting it for a bit I could take it back. I have been very happy with my K10 in terms of sharpness and detail so the K20 had to really stack up to impress me. It did. I did not return it.

As a portrait and wedding shooter I am thrilled with this camera. I would think that landscape shooters would be even happier about the detail it captures.

Last edited by davemdsn; 03-09-2008 at 12:19 PM. Reason: spellling
03-09-2008, 09:50 PM   #38
m8o
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by roentarre Quote
Francisca is also a fan of pentax camera too. Then I had to leave canon gear to one side to please her ...
That was completely un-necessary... as if her sex appeal wasn't already unmatched.
03-10-2008, 06:51 AM   #39
Veteran Member

werry well done.. looks like the k20d really is a worthy upgrade..

Like your model posing and your pp work..

man you must have a good camera comments come in mind :
03-10-2008, 07:47 PM   #40
Veteran Member

Oh my!!! Wonderful work, and beautiful model!!!
03-11-2008, 03:35 PM   #41
Veteran Member

Gorgeous woman makes these pro photos really stand out! Well Done!
03-13-2008, 03:18 AM   #42
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by gawan Quote
hope to be able approach something like that in future... The lighting and subject separation is really awesome!
Just lucky on the day. It supposed to be hot weather with harsh sun light. Great to avoid all that

QuoteOriginally posted by davemdsn Quote
James, I was not completely convinced by early posts either. I bought the camera because I knew that the only way to really see it's capabilities was to get it in my hands and shoot what I shoot with it. My local camera shop has a good return policy so if I wasn't convinced after shooting it for a bit I could take it back. I have been very happy with my K10 in terms of sharpness and detail so the K20 had to really stack up to impress me. It did. I did not return it.

As a portrait and wedding shooter I am thrilled with this camera. I would think that landscape shooters would be even happier about the detail it captures.
Yeah, sometimes rumours can be a powerful thing. Easily subdued by such heresays ...

I am going for some nice walk around, taking snapshots for the fun of it. Gimmicks oriented here

QuoteOriginally posted by devisor Quote
werry well done.. looks like the k20d really is a worthy upgrade..

Like your model posing and your pp work..

man you must have a good camera comments come in mind :
There is a lot of room to rescue the images if stuffed up. The dynamic range is so much more improved

QuoteOriginally posted by TomInJax Quote
Oh my!!! Wonderful work, and beautiful model!!!
It would be a sin to ruin her looks and body with such an opportunity

QuoteOriginally posted by dopeytree Quote
Gorgeous woman makes these pro photos really stand out! Well Done!
Definitely not pro. Just amateur fun. k20d is not a bad purchase at all.