Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Rocky Ocean Front
Posted By: daacon, 03-08-2008, 01:03 PM

Here are some shots I really like. This was on the other side of the Island - pure open water. Hope you enjoy.

Before the Open Water you could snorkel there was an abundant amount of marine life in these little pools and the water was clearer that what comes out of my tap.
[IMGWIDEleft]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3176/2316966470_a0b685c55b_b.jpg[/IMGWIDEleft]

Some of bluest water I have ever seen
[IMGWIDEleft]http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2251/2316159099_8dee8af13a_b.jpg[/IMGWIDEleft]

Navigation was "tricky" - a lot of those rocks were sharp
[IMGWIDEleft]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3052/2316967130_58115a854a_b.jpg[/IMGWIDEleft]

There was a bit of surf not too bad that day
[IMGWIDEleft]http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2104/2316161065_cb3699151d_b.jpg[/IMGWIDEleft]

Man I love the ocean why do I live in Alberta again ?
Views: 2,140
03-08-2008, 01:11 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Very nice shots Dave. Being right near the coast where I am situated, I am very partial to such photos.
You can almost smell the salt air in your photos!
03-08-2008, 02:59 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
You make me sick! How dare you tease me with pictures like this! Just kidding Dave; I love the colours of the ocean and like Bruce says, you can almost smell the salty air.
03-08-2008, 03:06 PM   #4
Ole
Administrator

I really like #1 - makes me want to go on vacation to a nice island ASAP!

03-08-2008, 03:53 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Nice series Dave. All great, but I especially like the perspective and sky in one, and the wave action of 3. Beautiful colours and contrast. Which lens did you use for these?

Paul
03-08-2008, 09:05 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Bramela Quote
Very nice shots Dave. Being right near the coast where I am situated, I am very partial to such photos.
You can almost smell the salt air in your photos!
Thanks Bruce I miss the smell of ocean already ....ahhhhh

QuoteOriginally posted by J.Scott Quote
You make me sick! How dare you tease me with pictures like this! Just kidding Dave; I love the colours of the ocean and like Bruce says, you can almost smell the salty air.
Thanks Jeff don't hate me go on vacation

QuoteOriginally posted by Ole Quote
I really like #1 - makes me want to go on vacation to a nice island ASAP!
Thanks Ole - you are a lot closer to Mexico (Isla Mujeres) than I am highly recommended.

QuoteOriginally posted by channeler Quote
Nice series Dave. All great, but I especially like the perspective and sky in one, and the wave action of 3. Beautiful colours and contrast. Which lens did you use for these?

Paul
Thanks Paul - I was travelling light that day - Tamrom 18-250 with a CPL
03-09-2008, 06:44 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Wonderful shots, Dave. I like the last one especially.

BTW, in my monitor all your pictures seem to have a little blueish colour overcast, wonder if it just me or my monitor? Of course there is lots of water and sky, but still, also the rocks seem a little cold coloured?

03-09-2008, 07:17 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by gawan Quote
Wonderful shots, Dave. I like the last one especially.

BTW, in my monitor all your pictures seem to have a little blueish colour overcast, wonder if it just me or my monitor? Of course there is lots of water and sky, but still, also the rocks seem a little cold coloured?
Thanks gawan I don't remember if I added some color pop to these with PP so it was either that or my CPL which was on the Tamron.
03-09-2008, 10:40 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Man Dave, you sure know how to make a guy jealous. I have a foot of snow outside my window right now. lol

Back on topic, I really like #4. Those waves are amazing!
03-09-2008, 11:58 AM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Dave, I played a Buffet CD in your honor when I looked at these beautiful images.

Jer
03-09-2008, 02:01 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Tuner571 Quote
Man Dave, you sure know how to make a guy jealous. I have a foot of snow outside my window right now. lol

Back on topic, I really like #4. Those waves are amazing!
Thanks Tuner571 - #4 is my favorite as well. There is still a lot of snow where I am now as well , but it is melting today anyway

QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
Dave, I played a Buffet CD in your honor when I looked at these beautiful images.

Jer
Thanks Jer - Jimmy ! When we go to Vegas we always make it a point to drop into Margaritaville on the strip and have a frozen one. I use to like strawberry, but a couple weeks in Mexico and I grew a liking for the lime ones ..........ummmmmmmm