Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

A funny thing happened on the way.......
Posted By: slowpez, 05-02-2013, 07:31 AM

Some of you may already know that my husband tends to lose camera parts so often that I suspect people are going to start following him around just so they can collect them. He outdid himself this time, we had just finished hiking a short trail in the Nantahala Forest when he stopped to chat with another couple (he is good at that ). We finally took our leave and headed to a waterfall about five miles away. When we got there, Ray discovered he didn't have his tripod and must have left it at the last trailhead. We raced back on a one lane gravel back and there sat his tripod in the middle of the parking area with his CAMERA still attached. He didn't even know he left the camera on the tripod. Honestly, sometimes you could just kill the guy. The weather continues to be a dull grey and the trail was flooded, muddy and we had to crawl under so many rhododendron bushes that I may never be able to stand up again.
After all that here are a few shots I managed to salvage from the day. Hope you enjoy them. The painted trillium were really stunning and look so fresh.

Last edited by slowpez; 05-21-2013 at 01:41 PM.
Views: 1,411
05-03-2013, 06:15 AM   #16
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Bob Harris Quote
Susan, are the rhododendron bushes in bloom, I remember them growing in the wild in Oregon and Washington. Ray looses camera gear, Terri looses money or anything else she keeps in her purse.
My wife has the same problem, Bob. I call her purse, "The Black Hole".

05-06-2013, 12:20 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by eaglem Quote
A great series here Susan.
Thanks EM.

QuoteOriginally posted by daacon Quote
perfect like me leaves quite a bit of room for improvement , now where are my glasses ?
Does your wife know you're perfect Dave? I'd be happy to tell here if you'd like.

QuoteOriginally posted by gjtoth Quote
YIKES! I think I would do that one time and learn my lesson. On the other hand, let me know when you guys are going out next time. I can always use the spare gear.

Terrific series! Particularly, the last one. What IS that?
Thanks Gary. It is a fern just not unfurled as yet.
05-06-2013, 12:32 PM   #18
SJM
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Love that second one Susan. Glad your husband did not lose his gear..

Sue
05-06-2013, 01:18 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by SJM Quote
Love that second one Susan. Glad your husband did not lose his gear..

Sue
Me too. He wasn't the least bit worried (I was worried enough for both of us). He claims it is just stuff. Yeah right.

05-06-2013, 01:44 PM   #20
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
QuoteOriginally posted by slowpez Quote
Next time I will leave the old guy behind
Aye, but take the camera and tripod.