Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

Took Bigma outside this morning.....
Posted By: Heinrich Lohmann, 03-08-2008, 04:35 PM

....and aimed it at a few birds. All the images are of the same bird, the "bad hair day" seems to be the result of an earlier fight with another female. All are handheld

He seems to say "You brought the wrong stuff again" It's not very good picture but I have watched this pair of House Sparrows on and of for the last couple of days rebuilding their nest. They seemed to have an awful lot of squabbles and when this was the only usable picture that I got of them this morning I figured I'll post it anyway.

Comments are always welcome, Heinrich
Views: 4,093
03-09-2008, 10:04 AM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by channeler Quote
Interesting, colourful and sharp shots Heinrich. Your Bigma is producing excellent images at 500mm. After these shots I can feel indecision creeping in again at to whether I opt for a Bigma, a Sigma 100-300 or the 300 DA when it eventually comes out. The Bigma can certainly deliver quality images.

Paul
Thank you Paul, I am happy with it but it is a heavy lens.

Take care, Heinrich

03-09-2008, 10:06 AM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by thomasjmpark Quote
Beautiful shots Heinrich
Thank you Tom,

Heinrich
03-09-2008, 10:07 AM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by gawan Quote
Amazing detail for 500mm, great shots, love the colors!

Ah, so that's what it is, I was puzzled of that one, nice catch indeed!
Thank you Georg for the kind words,

Heinrich
03-09-2008, 10:22 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Wow, those are some very impressive shots, the detail is amazing.
Nice job!

Cory

03-09-2008, 04:37 PM   #20
Veteran Member

Great shots Heinrich the weather will soon be cooperating with us to take th Bigma out more often. Great details and action well done.
03-09-2008, 09:56 PM   #21
Inactive Account

Wonderful shots Heinrich, I love the detail and colour in these. Just when I was thinking I really didn't need a bigma.......
03-09-2008, 10:00 PM   #22
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Tuner571 Quote
Wow, those are some very impressive shots, the detail is amazing.
Nice job!

Cory
Thank you Cory, it's appreciated.

Heinrich

03-09-2008, 10:05 PM   #23
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by daacon Quote
Great shots Heinrich the weather will soon be cooperating with us to take th Bigma out more often. Great details and action well done.
Hi Dave and thank you. It is warming up slowly and I need to get out more and practice with the TC 1.4 but boy that is long glass to handhold. Have been looking at a Bush Hawk.... any experience with it or similar devices?

Take care, Heinrich
03-09-2008, 10:08 PM   #24
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by scott-devon Quote
Wonderful shots Heinrich, I love the detail and colour in these. Just when I was thinking I really didn't need a bigma.......
Thank you Scott, what we need and what we want are not always the same thing.

Take care, Heinrich
03-10-2008, 06:27 AM   #25
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Heinrich Lohmann Quote
Hi Dave and thank you. It is warming up slowly and I need to get out more and practice with the TC 1.4 but boy that is long glass to handhold. Have been looking at a Bush Hawk.... any experience with it or similar devices?

Take care, Heinrich
No I do not have any and yeah I hear ya - I took the Bigma out to West Ed Mall to shoot my nieces cheer leading competition - it was a little slow but with burst mode, jpeg I did manage a few decent shots from the rafters. I was looking at one (Bush Hawk) I find the monopod not too bad (forget to bring it to WEM) but yeah for birding or wildlife I think something more stable would be good. There are soooooooo many accessories and lens to buy yet not sure where the Bush Hawk fits in !
03-10-2008, 06:33 AM   #26
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Great series Heinrich. I liked 3 and 5 the best. Very good colour and detail. I've re-joined the Bigma crowd (thanks James) and was out shooting with it this weekend. It's indeed heavy but with SR, managable. I have a monopod for mine and that takes care of the sore arms nicely. Might pick up a beanbag for it as well.
03-10-2008, 10:08 AM   #27
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by daacon Quote
No I do not have any and yeah I hear ya - I took the Bigma out to West Ed Mall to shoot my nieces cheer leading competition - it was a little slow but with burst mode, jpeg I did manage a few decent shots from the rafters. I was looking at one (Bush Hawk) I find the monopod not too bad (forget to bring it to WEM) but yeah for birding or wildlife I think something more stable would be good. There are soooooooo many accessories and lens to buy yet not sure where the Bush Hawk fits in !
That's what I should do before spending more money on anything, get better use out of my perfectly good monopod. I do use it a lot with shorter lenses but have never used it with Bigma, so we'll see how it works.

Heinrich
03-10-2008, 10:14 AM   #28
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Peter Zack Quote
Great series Heinrich. I liked 3 and 5 the best. Very good colour and detail. I've re-joined the Bigma crowd (thanks James) and was out shooting with it this weekend. It's indeed heavy but with SR, managable. I have a monopod for mine and that takes care of the sore arms nicely. Might pick up a beanbag for it as well.
Hi Peter and thank you. Like I said to Dave, I need to use the monopod with Bigma and beanbag yes, where did I put it? I do have a beanbag and used it for years and it's around here somewhere.....

Take care, Heinrich