Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
my holden commodore
Posted By: distorted_vision, 03-08-2008, 05:22 PM

heres some new pics of how my car looks now.. ive been rebuilding her the last 3 years and now shes finished,... yay! i decided to go with a black roof also, for something a little bit different.. the bonnet scoop is installed because its illegal for me to have any part of the engine poking through the bonnet. -(manifold)
..as this is my daily driver, i need to keep it as 'police friendly' as possible.. ive owned this car for about 4 years now. it was completely original and stock until i decided i would take things further with rebuilding the engine and transmission,along with some tuff suspension/steering/handling and a 4 piston breaking package to make it safer** it also has a rebuilt diff with 3.9' gears and mini spool. the interior has all been decked out aswell, keeping it all nice and clean,a late model interior conversion,and the addition of some sports gauges for oil temp,water temp etc.. it has a very nice stereo installed (dont worry- im not into DUFF DUUUFFF, i only like rock/grunge) .. i also resprayed the car to fereshn her up a bit. overall the car owes me about 30 grand on top of the original price i payed for it of $8,000. its a holden vn commodore and you dont see many nice ones getting around, most of them are rubbish and poorly maintained.. so i decided i would go crazy and im glad i did
hope you like her as much as i love her..

Last edited by distorted_vision; 03-08-2008 at 05:37 PM.
Views: 1,530
03-08-2008, 05:58 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
One thing more would complete her transformation: better rims. But a very nice car indeed!
03-08-2008, 07:52 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Very nice, my friend. A different look than we have in the states, but I still feel the vibes. I've had a lot of hot cars, but I wish I had a picture of my '65 Mustang when it sported Mickey Thompson mags, duel exhausts with thrush mufflers and with the front end raised about 5 inches - as was the rage of the day.

Jer
03-08-2008, 07:59 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Nice job on the car, DV. My Dad used to have a VN too, but it was a lemon Maybe we'll see it at a show one day?

But, you need to take it out somewhere more scenic and reshoot it around 6-7pm. If you were in Sydney I'd suggest Olympic Park. Not sure where you'd go in Melbourne. Only been there twice

03-08-2008, 08:00 PM   #5
Veteran Member

It is looking good distorted_vision,

I wish that I had a picture of my finished 27 Essex 4 door sedan gangster style car, but I have to get my butt in gear and start working on her before that'll happen
03-09-2008, 01:25 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Good to se it is clean condition ... a lot of VN owners destroy them.

One with I want to do to the work ute is either put 3.7 or 3.9 gears in the rear ... just for better off the mark go when loaded up.

Kept the Chasers on for the drag look as well. I like it.

What have you done with the engine ... and what engine is in it???
03-09-2008, 09:29 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Looks like you have done a nice job on it DV. Be careful with that mini spool when the streets get wet!

03-09-2008, 10:22 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Let's see some burn out pics DV !! Looks like a nice ride. Couldn't afford the fuel for it here, lol
03-09-2008, 03:10 PM   #9
Veteran Member

cool, hope you look after it!

I agree needs some mags (and the front lowered a little bit). Chasers say 'tosser', although I'll give you only half marks as you haven't only got them on the back only, to say "look at me I do bunouts in Industrial estates at 2am in the morning" lol!
03-09-2008, 03:52 PM   #10
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Stratman Quote
Couldn't afford the fuel for it here, lol
It's a holiday long weekend in Melbourne so the fuel companies hike their prices substantially (as much as 12 cents per litre on Friday afternoon, I heard). I just filled my MX-5 yesterday (the 6 litre VE SS stays in the garage on weekends) and it was $1.49 per litre with a supermarket discount. At the current exchange rate, that's US$1.37 per litre, or about US$5.20 per US gallon. Go to the UK or Europe and it's twice that; even China is more expensive for fuel.

Nice pics, Kev, I used to do the same fiddling with cars on a Datsun 1600 (hey it was the late 70s!) and then an Alfa Romeo. It's great fun and you have something to show for it that is also utilitarian. You never get the money back but that is not the point, there are plenty of worse ways to spend money, just look for example at how much money people put through poker machines in Melbourne in a week!
03-09-2008, 04:15 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Nice looking car Kev. You've done a great job. And I like your angled shots especially.

Paul
03-09-2008, 04:43 PM   #12
Veteran Member

30g's hey for what you have heck of a deal not sure where youare but most new cars here are about that and most of them are crap. Great restore job DeeVee- I agree you need to pimping rims !