Posted By: Gooshin, 03-08-2008, 08:34 PM

these are by no means artistic, i hate shooting in these conditions

but i just would like to share...

Views: 1,065
03-08-2008, 09:04 PM   #2
Bud
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Whoa! And I thought we had it bad with 14 inches. Although I guess the drifting is yet to come tonight. I'm just about over this whole winter thing, too.

Good luck with that mess!

Bud
03-08-2008, 09:09 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I am soooo glad I live in the south! I'll take the 100+++ days anytime as long as I don't have to deal with all that snow. Thanks for sharing.
03-08-2008, 09:30 PM   #4
Veteran Member

I like the 2nd shot where the car seems to glow and the really noble feeling from the image.

03-08-2008, 09:51 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Reminds me of when we lived in Montreal from the mid fifties to the early sixties, it was sort of standard fare than. That second one is a real nice photo.

Heinrich
03-09-2008, 12:24 AM   #6
Veteran Member

For once I'm glad I live on the East Coast... we're the ones usually getting that type of snow. I'm surprised you could push your door open like that, must be fairly light snow in that case. All the same St. John's would be back to normal the next day, Toronto will probably be shut down till when, some time Monday?

Heard on the new 600 car accidents in Toronto today and 600 more in Ohio within 8hrs, that's crazy talk.
03-09-2008, 05:58 AM   #7
Inactive Account

Thanks for sharing those photos, it has been just a miserable cold winter this year, I cannot wait for spring.

03-09-2008, 06:09 AM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by F-Stop Quote
For once I'm glad I live on the East Coast... we're the ones usually getting that type of snow. I'm surprised you could push your door open like that, must be fairly light snow in that case. All the same St. John's would be back to normal the next day, Toronto will probably be shut down till when, some time Monday?

Heard on the new 600 car accidents in Toronto today and 600 more in Ohio within 8hrs, that's crazy talk.
Snow stopped at about midnight, my street and sidewalk were plowed by 3am

We are not as helpless here as you think, and BTW just you wait a few more hours, this storm started in texas wednesday, got to us by late friday, and is heading your way today,

forcast for east cose is up to 70mm of rain. You better hope it comes down as rain, and not ice!
03-09-2008, 06:35 AM   #9
Veteran Member

WOW, thats alot of snow!
03-09-2008, 07:57 AM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I feel for you Gooshin and all you guys back east. We were hit hard this year out west ourselves.
03-09-2008, 09:24 AM   #11
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Lowell Goudge Quote
Snow stopped at about midnight, my street and sidewalk were plowed by 3am

We are not as helpless here as you think, and BTW just you wait a few more hours, this storm started in texas wednesday, got to us by late friday, and is heading your way today,

forcast for east cose is up to 70mm of rain. You better hope it comes down as rain, and not ice!
i was up until 4am, the snow did not stop (up here in richmond hill)
03-09-2008, 12:13 PM   #12
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Scenes like these remind me how much I enjoy not living up north anymore. Of course, evacuating to a cramped hotel room for four days expecting Rita to wipe our house off the face of the earth was not much fun either. I guess all locations have their warts (although I was hard pressed to find any in Santa Barbara or Tarragona when I spent time in those beautiful places).

Jer