Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Flukey Flower
Lens: FA50/1.4 Camera: K5 Photo Location: Back Yard ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: 1/3000s Aperture: F2.8 
Posted By: Mr_Canuck, 05-08-2013, 09:58 AM

I think this is one of the pretties photos I've taken in a long time, and I had very little to do with its success.

My 10 year old son and I went picture taking last night around our acreage. He's much more creative than I am. One technique he's tried lately is to lay his camera on the ground cupped in his hands and to shoot up from an ant's perspective into plants or other objects. He's captured some amazing and random pictures. I tried something similar and just shot more sideways. Being all grown I up I still had to give myself at least a marginal view of the Liveview screen.

With the FA50 and no hood, it was subject to all kinds of sunlight cast across the exposed front of the glass. I'm really not sure what happened here, maybe some wind, definitely some sun, but the veiled impression really appeals to me. (And it's quite the opposite of sharp and perfectly focussed.)

Views: 508
05-08-2013, 11:41 AM   #2
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Hielands o' Scootlund....... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand"..............William Blake
Photos: Gallery
A nice image, it has a water colour painting feel about it.