Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

Snowdrop
Posted By: selar, 03-11-2008, 03:58 AM

This grows in my front yard, and there are such masses of it in early spring, it looks like it snowed. We don't know whats it called, so we just simply call it snowdrop. Still bravely flowering on into autumn. Anyone know what it is?

Views: 3,176
03-12-2008, 10:18 PM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Selar, This is a very nice photo and this is what I would do with it. adj. WB - shadows/higlights - NR and sharpening in noise ninja. Keep in mind that it is easier to work with the original file than a small jpg.

Heinrich

03-12-2008, 10:55 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Heinrich Lohmann Quote
Selar, This is a very nice photo and this is what I would do with it. adj. WB - shadows/higlights - NR and sharpening in noise ninja. Keep in mind that it is easier to work with the original file than a small jpg.
Heinrich
Fantastic effort, thank you! What do you mean by NR and sharpening in noise ninja? I have noise ninja but thought it was only for noise removal. Interested to know how.
03-13-2008, 08:41 AM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by selar Quote
Fantastic effort, thank you! What do you mean by NR and sharpening in noise ninja? I have noise ninja but thought it was only for noise removal. Interested to know how.
The second tab in noise ninja is "filter", that is where you can adjust USM properties. In this case I used amount 400 and radius 0.4

Heinrich
03-13-2008, 05:43 PM   #19
Veteran Member

it was fun!!

QuoteOriginally posted by Rickster Quote
Whoa Kim! You did exactly what I did to the image yesterday. Right down to the crop. Great minds, eh?
LOL.. Maybe there is something in the Idaho water??? LOL That is pretty ironical!! esspecially with the crop, since no one else has done that...

QuoteOriginally posted by selar Quote
Thanks to everyone for their kind comments, Kim and Peter for their PP lessons and I'm specially thrilled to know the real name and that I was pretty close to the real name. ?
No problem Selar.. That is how we all learn.. it was interesting see all the differences and similiarties in how each person processed it.. it just goes to show the photography is truely art.. and is in the eye of the beholder...