Lens: SIGMA 10-20 Camera: K-30 Photo Location:
Posted By: _riccardo_, 05-21-2013, 05:09 AM

Ciao
r.

Views: 893
05-21-2013, 06:05 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Good exposure - all that white, yet lots of detail.
Thanks for sharing.
05-21-2013, 09:12 PM   #3
Mr_Canuck

That's an interesting setting and set of shapes with more potential I think. If you're able, I'd go back there and take some more shots and play with the composition a whole lot. Think through some of them and take them slowly, and then take some impulsively and see how much more interest you can create. I like where it's headed, and this shot already is quite compelling. See what more you can do with this shot by doing some alternate croppings. I'd love to see them. Another approach might be colour and contrast treatments. It's so simple that you could play around with that too. Thanks for sharing.
05-21-2013, 09:24 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Most people would pass by these stairs without a second thought, but you saw the aesthetic potential here. Very nice!

05-22-2013, 01:16 AM   #5
Inactive Account

That wouldn't do after a couple of glasses of wine.
05-22-2013, 06:16 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
At the bottom of those stairs is the men's loo all over the British isles. Wheen you don't come back they know you've had enough.
05-23-2013, 01:29 AM   #7
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by First Poster Quote
dangerous
Most defiantly, especially after a dram or two, half of Scotland is still down there, they can't make it back up.

05-23-2013, 11:54 AM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I have looked at this several times and finally decided what brings me back, If you look long enough there will be a visual/optical plane shift and down becomes up and the fire extinguisher is at the top of the stairs. Or am I just weird?? TFS Cliff
05-24-2013, 12:30 AM   #9

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Mr_Canuck Quote
That's an interesting setting and set of shapes with more potential I think. If you're able, I'd go back there and take some more shots and play with the composition a whole lot. Think through some of them and take them slowly, and then take some impulsively and see how much more interest you can create. I like where it's headed, and this shot already is quite compelling. See what more you can do with this shot by doing some alternate croppings. I'd love to see them. Another approach might be colour and contrast treatments. It's so simple that you could play around with that too. Thanks for sharing.
Thanks for the advices, unfortunately the house is in Lisbon and I live in Rome!
I will try to implement your suggestions.
Ciao
r.
05-24-2013, 12:32 AM   #10

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jford Quote
Good exposure - all that white, yet lots of detail.
Thanks for sharing.
05-24-2013, 12:36 AM   #11

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by scratchpaddy Quote
Most people would pass by these stairs without a second thought, but you saw the aesthetic potential here. Very nice!
You're right, but I think people coming down, think of the danger !!

Ciao
r.
05-24-2013, 12:36 AM   #12

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by scratchpaddy Quote
05-24-2013, 01:45 AM   #13

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by usn ret Quote
I have looked at this several times and finally decided what brings me back, If you look long enough there will be a visual/optical plane shift and down becomes up and the fire extinguisher is at the top of the stairs. Or am I just weird?? TFS Cliff
I did not think that my shooting could have these collateral effects !

Ciao
r.