Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Limited (2)
Lens: smc PENTAX-FA Macro 100mm F2.8 Camera: K-5 Photo Location: Moreton Queensland ISO: 200 Shutter Speed: 1/90s Aperture: F11 
Posted By: AussieTrev, 05-21-2013, 07:05 PM

I reshot the Limited lens with the light tent that I bought from OfficeWorks. This time I removed the bulbs and setup my two flash units either side, I have a 360 and a 540. Worked well and allows shorter shutter speeds if I bring in something live from the garden. The first is straight out of the camera no PP, the second is a boost to the contrast and other small tweaks.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 

Views: 647
05-21-2013, 08:18 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The second one with the bumped contrast looks great! I bought a light cube last winter for something to do during the long winter months - lot's of fun to experiment with different lighting techniques.
05-21-2013, 08:26 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

That second one is a cracker, Trev. Thanks for trying with the flashes. They work well.
05-21-2013, 09:58 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by stormtech Quote
The second one with the bumped contrast looks great! I bought a light cube last winter for something to do during the long winter months - lot's of fun to experiment with different lighting techniques.
Thanks Stan. We don't have long winter months, but it is raining so it should give me something to do.

QuoteOriginally posted by rayallen Quote
That second one is a cracker
Thanks Ray. Yep, I think it will come in handy. I just photographed a ring that I am selling on eBay and the shots look much more professional and well lit.