Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Yellowstone Wildlife
Lens: DA-L 55-300 Camera: K-5 Photo Location: Yellowstone NP ISO: 200 Shutter Speed: 1/125s Aperture: F11 
Posted By: mikemock, 05-23-2013, 10:03 AM

While at Yellowstone National Park, we have seen hundreds of bison, some elk, and this rabbit which is bigger than he appears. The rabbit photo was taken with my Canon 6d and the 24-105L lens. 1/20 sec f8 at ISO 200. We are going to the Lamar Valley this evening to hopefully photograph some more wildlife.

Attached Images

Views: 1,934
05-23-2013, 12:44 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
You're getting the look from the bison Mike, you just never know about these guys if they are going to charge you or not. The Lamar Valley is quite beautiful isn't it. One of the times we went through there hardly saw any wildlife at all, all the elk were down near the visitor center relaxing on the lawn. you've sure visited some beautiful country so far and thanks for sharing with us. Bob
05-25-2013, 09:30 AM   #3

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Bob Harris Quote
You're getting the look from the bison Mike, you just never know about these guys if they are going to charge you or not. The Lamar Valley is quite beautiful isn't it. One of the times we went through there hardly saw any wildlife at all, all the elk were down near the visitor center relaxing on the lawn. you've sure visited some beautiful country so far and thanks for sharing with us. Bob
Thanks Bob! We are having a great time. I will post some more wildlife soon. We have been fortunate to see every animal that we wanted to. It's hard to believe the abundance of wildlife here. We loved the Lamar Valley, but it's funny the only close up grizzly sighting we have had was about 5 miles in from the West Yellowstone entrance on the Madison River.
05-25-2013, 10:46 AM   #4
Veteran Member

My next advanture will be Yellowstone. Hopefully this fall. TFS. JIM

05-25-2013, 04:57 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
You visited at a great time Mike, the weather is still cool enough for the animals to be down in the valley. Summer sets in and they head up the mountains to cooler territory.
05-26-2013, 07:50 AM   #6
Veteran Member

I envy you your trip. Looks like you filled your wildlife book. Enjoyed viewing all of them.
05-26-2013, 09:05 AM   #7
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
With that many things running around it's like being in a zoo, but without the bars.

I'm not so sure about the beast eye-balling you in the first image, trust you were wearing trainers for a fast exit.

Great images, well done.

05-28-2013, 07:21 AM   #8

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Jimbo Quote
My next advanture will be Yellowstone. Hopefully this fall. TFS. JIM
I strongly suggest it. Fall is supposed to be a great time at Yellowstone.
05-28-2013, 07:23 AM   #9

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by slowpez Quote
I envy you your trip. Looks like you filled your wildlife book. Enjoyed viewing all of them.
Thanks, Susan. We also saw a marmot, bald eagles, big horn sheep, wolves, and mountain goats. It was amazing.
05-28-2013, 07:25 AM   #10

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by kerrowdown Quote
With that many things running around it's like being in a zoo, but without the bars.

I'm not so sure about the beast eye-balling you in the first image, trust you were wearing trainers for a fast exit.

Great images, well done.
That bison shot was taken from the safety of my truck. The bison on my other thread was about 25 feet from the trail just looking at us. He was very scary.